bad error in documentation

• gianluca
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 1 month ago #156288 by gianluca
bad error in documentation was created by gianluca
In the doc section of Eshop there is a mistake in description in editing GeoZones. Since Geozone Editing is crucial, I tried to do that.
When a state is inserted in a Geozone, for example Spain. The selector indicates: "Include Countries".
Under that selector there is the suggestion: "Include Countries: If Yes, then SELECTED countries will be assigned to the Geo Zone. Otherwise, UN-SELECTED countries will be assigned to the Geo Zone." It means: Nothing.
Logically if I insert Spain: if selector is positioned on YES Spain is included; if selector is positioned on NO Spain is not included. Please could you update this description?
The best is the documentation the best is our work and then your incoming.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• gianluca
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #156289 by gianluca
Replied by gianluca on topic bad error in documentation
Oh, my god. If you move the selector on OFF and then if you save the page you will have all the world assigned. And to prevent to assign a zone to all the world you have to erase all the states of the world. This UTILITY is important instead in another place where it is highly requested and IT WAS REQUESTED by me because: for example to ship packages to islands there should be a fee to pay. OK, then you have to select ALL the provinces (all the regions) of a state EXCEPT the island region! And this is what we want. So the system should has in this poin the function to UNSELECT a region instead of insert 5000 regions. In other words: I have to insert a region where the shipping costs are not the same of the other, it is called "Z". Ok, I have to insert ALL region, from "A" to "V" of a country without inserting the "Z". This is makes this component poor and not professional. Please, developers, do this change and develop a version where this ZONE job is more easy! Please, otherwise we will have to go elsewhere. I already wrote this in another post in this forum.
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by gianluca.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #157038 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic bad error in documentation
Dear Gianluca,

This sound like rather complex requirement. I will check more on this in the future.

Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong