Finally the shop is ready! -- And now?

• gianluca
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 3 months ago #155652 by gianluca
Finally the shop is ready! -- And now? was created by gianluca
The shop is ready and now the owner of the Shop wants to administer his shop. What is the manager's shop interface? Must the owner of the shop receive the superuser password or can WE MANAGE A simplify FRONTEND for shop owners?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 months ago #155697 by Martin Weber
Replied by Martin Weber on topic Finally the shop is ready! -- And now?
Since, as far as I know, there is no Feature like you are looking for, I used the joomla user groups. Modified the Administrator Role to supress most of the appearance functionality features of Joomla. On the eshop-panel the administrator role can review and edit orders, submit items, create categories and everything a shop owner needs.

The Shop Owner has now an account with the role Administrator and has to log into the backend. I shared the superuser password but told her not to use it, because she could potentially brick the shop.

• gianluca
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 3 months ago #155699 by gianluca
Replied by gianluca on topic Finally the shop is ready! -- And now?
Thanks, I am searching the way to solve the gap of the budget components like this. I imagined to have to solve this point. We can collaborate by inserting our experience into the forum. The developer should consider that the shoppers have not time to became very expert of joomla and server configurations. They are shoppers and they want to sell what they have in a real shop, they have not time to became webmaster. So the e-commerce website is made by a webmaster and then the shopper can use an interface born for this purpouse. Thanks for the reply, I will use this topic to post what I will make.

More
1 year 3 months ago #155726 by Patrick Toulze
Replied by Patrick Toulze on topic Finally the shop is ready! -- And now?
Just a suggestion:
I see a lot of customers like that. They want to have a website or even more complex system, like a eshop, and expect to take control without making an effort to learn them.
As example, nobody can expect to work efficiently in Microsoft Excel or Word right-away without any tutorials or courses.
My solution for them is to, first put on paper exactly what they want to do. When this set, as webmaster, I use a screen/sound recording software and make them a tailor fit series of Video Tutorial to acheive what they want. For sure, they need to be OK for the fees to prepare and make the videos. Also, you have to not only charge the time to make the video, but you also have to take in consideration the time it take you to learn. If not, your are giving away your hard work for nothing.
Thats the price to pay if they don’t want to learn themselves.

• gianluca
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 3 months ago #155746 by gianluca
Replied by gianluca on topic Finally the shop is ready! -- And now?
Thanks for suggestions. I think to realize videos and release them to customers. I will make a taining individual also. But sincerely I think that the component developers should think about this. A frontend interface is needed. I have tested a component that made the frontend management and I considered this a genial idea. If Giang Dinh Truong will made this interface only for market and warehouse managers, his component will be one of the best in the market.

More
1 year 3 months ago #155789 by Patrick Toulze
Replied by Patrick Toulze on topic Finally the shop is ready! -- And now?
Yes You Right, a simpler frontend management will be a great addition to this great component.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 1 month ago #157035 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Finally the shop is ready! -- And now?
Dear all,

Thank you for your suggestion. I will think more about the Frontend management and maybe implement it in the future.

Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong