Recommendation on product configuration

• Pete Willingham
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 11 months ago #151474 by Pete Willingham
Recommendation on product configuration was created by Pete Willingham
I want to use eshop to allow the members of my club to buy some of the club clothing.
The range is currently limited to about 5 different item types but each of these is available in a variety of colours and of course sizes.
for example a ladies polo shirt has 3 different colour options and currently 4 different size options so i need to have stock information for 12 descrete items.

What would be the best way to structure this? Ideally i would only want 1 product line but for this to have the 12 options selectable from the details page. (e.g. pink size 10 or black size 14)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 11 months ago #151574 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Recommendation on product configuration
Hello Mike,

Thank you for submitting the question here. I think it can be implemented with EShop by using Product Options feature.

1. Please read about how to manage Options (Colours and Sizes) here: eshopdocs.joomservices.com/catalog/options

2. Please read about how to assign Options to Products here: eshopdocs.joomservices.com/catalog/products#product-options

3. You can check a demo of a product with Options here: joomdonationdemo.com/eshop/product-layout.html

I hope this is useful.

Sincerely, Giang

• Pete Willingham
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 11 months ago #151597 by Pete Willingham
Replied by Pete Willingham on topic Recommendation on product configuration
Giang.
I don't think that this will work for me as there will need to be individual SKU references that differentate the different type / colour / size of the products.
if a user selects a polo shirt in red of size L this will need to add to the cart the specific SKU of the item as this is the stock we hold. We may have 50 polo shirts in total but these will be split between the different sizes and colours.
Ideally it needs to be that the user will choose the colour and size and the specific SKU for this combination will then be added to the cart.

I have looked at the sample data with the options for size and colour which does have a SKU mentioned but the item that is added to the cart is just the standard product + the 2x option SKU codes.

If this is not possible using the options method then the only way i can proceed would be to have individual products for each garment / colour / size. This would be a very clunky way of setting up the shop.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 11 months ago #151687 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Recommendation on product configuration
Hello Mike,

I see that. In this case, I think that our extension does not meet your requirement. Please find another extension for your purpose.

Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong