Quickstart - recreating the demo

• Ryan Minnig
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago #131241 by Ryan Minnig
Quickstart - recreating the demo was created by Ryan Minnig
I have recently purchased eShop because the feature list and demo are very close to what I want to do with my store.
I have installed eShop as the only component on a test site and I'm having difficulty following the documentation in an attempt to recreate the demo at demo site .
My site is hosted on a shared server at BlueHost and I believe the system requirements have been met, PHP 7.3 etc.
I have installed the demo data during the component install.
I have also installed the T3 framework as this appears to be part of the demo setup. Layout is set at Bootstrap 3. Template is JA Purity III free template.

Are there instructions regarding how to exactly recreate the demo, or is there a demo backend login available to see how the demo backend is configured?
It seems easy to add a menu items pointing to the frontpage or category layout, however when I try to add the products filter module to a sidebar position, browsing to the frontend will hang the page.

I don't want to install this on my live site until I understand how to administer the backend.

Admittedly, there could be a problem with my configuration, but I'm hoping to see a live working site so I can make those comparisons.
I would like to also add the ImportPro when I get this resolved so we can more easily bulk add products to the site.

Currently the test site operates at:
3dparts.io/eshop/index.php

-Ryan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 1 month ago #131790 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Quickstart - recreating the demo
Hello Ryan,

Please submit a new ticket to EShop Category at www.joomdonation.com/support-tickets.html , then I will send the quickstart package to you there.

Sincerely, Giang

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #132554 by Vitaly
Replied by Vitaly on topic Quickstart - recreating the demo
Hello Giang!
Same question from me, please?!

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 3 weeks ago #132644 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Quickstart - recreating the demo
Hello Vitaly,

Please submit a new ticket to EShop Category at www.joomdonation.com/support-tickets.html , then I will send the quickstart package to you there.

Sincerely, Giang

• Ryan Minnig
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 weeks ago #132649 by Ryan Minnig
Replied by Ryan Minnig on topic Quickstart - recreating the demo
I did get the software up and running on my live site, but the thing that made me stumble when re-creating the demo is that the sample data is not categorized properly. Therefore when you go the the camera category, for instance, not all of the cameras show up.
You should go thru the products item from the Catelog tab and make sure that the products are categorized properly.
Then, there are a number of settings to get the filter and search just the way you want it.
It might make sense to update the documentation to include all of the steps to recreate the demo.

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #132851 by Amat
Replied by Amat on topic Quickstart - recreating the demo Fashion
Hello Giang,
Having just acquired the Fashion 2.1 update, I don't have the quickstart file, where can I get it from the example fashion: eshoptemplates.com/fashionpro/ ?
Sincerely,

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong