Having a Retail and Wholesale Section

• Steven McLean
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #66783 by Steven McLean
Having a Retail and Wholesale Section was created by Steven McLean
Hi, I am wondering if you could advise me of the best way to achieve the following within eShop:

I want to set up a separate section within my site that provides the same products for sale, but only to retailers. I would like this section to only be available through login to Retailers. Another words, the general public would not see this area and the different prices available at wholesale.

I assumed I would just set up a different user Group in Joomla and a menu item that is only available to authenticated users and then make visible an eShop category only to these users. But I cant see how this can be done. Is Access Control available for eShop categories?

Is there another/better way to achieve the outcome I am looking for?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 8 months ago #67071 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Having a Retail and Wholesale Section
Hello Steven,

In EShop, when editing a product or category, you are able to choose which customer groups in EShop to view them. After chosing that, only the selected customer groups can view product details page or the products list of category.

Hope that this works as your expect.
Sincerely, Giang

More
3 years 3 months ago #140781 by Martin Draeger
Replied by Martin Draeger on topic Having a Retail and Wholesale Section
Hello, to followup on this question, would that mean since you are only showing the wholesale price, you need to duplicate each product and assign that to the "retailer" group?

If you add both the default and retailer, they would see the same price so I guess diplication is necessary.

Please confirm.

To the person asking the question, did you get it working?

Regards

MARTIN

More
3 years 2 months ago #141242 by Alison
Replied by Alison on topic Having a Retail and Wholesale Section
Don't duplicate your products - set up some Customer Groups under the Sales tab, and then in Sales/Discounts set up the relevant discounts per wholesale group per category if required. That works for a global discount per category of wholesale customer. If logged out, they see retail pricing, if logged in, they see the wholesale prices for the categories assigned to their specific group. I have some categories that are only retail, and this works well with wholesale pricing only applicable to their allocated categories of products.

Alternately, under the individual product Discount tab, you can use optional quantities per discount amount per group. Makes it very flexible but does mean each product must be edited. I wouldn't do the category as well as the individual item for the same group - you could end up with double discounts. This would work the same way, that they have to log in to access their specific group price.

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong