Limit access to categories and products?

• Steven J
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago #53479 by Steven J
I know that eShop allows me to create customer groups to permit discounts, special prices and differing tax calculations for different customer groups. Is it possible to configure a category and/or products so they are only visible to a certain customer group?

Specifically, I sell retail and wholesale. Currently, I only use eShop to sell to my retail customers. Retail customers access my items from an eShop front page menu item that shows all my eShop categories and, from there, all the products I sell. I also have several eShop category menu items so that customers can view items within a specific category. In this manner, the retail customers can see all of the products I sell.

Through Joomla, I can set up a page that is visible only after a wholesale customer logs in. Is it possible to insert on this page a “wholesale” category and/or the products from that specific category so that this category and these products are only visible to these logged in wholesale customers? If so, would this wholesale category and these wholesale products be excluded from the front page that the retail customers can view? Do you have any other suggestions of how to accomplish what I am trying to do?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 5 months ago #53927 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Limit access to categories and products?
Hi Steven,
I think this is a good suggestion. This feature is not supported now. However, I will consider to add it into EShop in the future.
Sincerely, Giang

More
9 years 3 months ago #56553 by Roland Rogers
Replied by Roland Rogers on topic Limit access to categories and products?
I have a similar need, except that I would like special pricing to show if a person is logged in as a special Customer Group.

Could this be done using your Membership Pro product and integrate with Eshop?

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 3 months ago #56622 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Limit access to categories and products?
Hi Roland,
EShop support you to set price for a special eshop customer group. Please read the documentation here: eshopdocs.joomservices.com/catalog/produ...h2-6-product-special
Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong