Default Shipping Method

• Steven J
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago #53016 by Steven J
Default Shipping Method was created by Steven J
EShop allows me to create several alternative shipping methods and presents the purchaser with the ability to choose (and pay for) the shipping method. The possible shipping methods are presented in the Estimate Shipping & Taxes section of the Shopping Cart and at Step 4 of Checkout. This is great.

At Step 4 of Checkout, one of the shipping method radio boxes is automatically selected. The purchaser can change this selection. The method that is automatically selected is not always the least expensive option. How does eShop choose which radio box is automatically selected? Alphabetically? Order? Price? ID? Can we specify a default method or the pecking order for this choice?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 5 months ago #53378 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Default Shipping Method
Hello Steven,
Ordering of shipping methods show there based on ordering field of shipping methods. And the first shipping method is chose as default.
Sincerely, Giang

• Steven J
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago #53389 by Steven J
Replied by Steven J on topic Default Shipping Method
On my installation, changing the ordering of the shipping methods changes the order displayed on the front end, but does NOT change the default method selected. In my case, the default shipping method remains the same method regardless of the order.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 5 months ago #53417 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Default Shipping Method
Hi Steven,
If you have already chose a shipping method before, then session is still there so the selected shipping method will be the method which was selected before. Please log-out then log-in to test again.
Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong