Site not displaying correctly

• Tim Smith
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 11 months ago #44625 by Tim Smith
Site not displaying correctly was created by Tim Smith
We have installed the eShop software and loaded 4 test categories and 2 test products at www.sierrastorage.com/services/storeeshop.html . The eShop Main Menu link is set to link to the Front Page yet the displayed page is just the 4 categories with the 2 products displayed below.

Suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 11 months ago #44653 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Site not displaying correctly
Hello Tim,
Can you let me know how many categories and products that you have in your store now? If you only have 4 test categories and 2 test products, then EShop front page displayed 4 categories and 2 products. That is correct.
What's problem?
Hope to hear back from you soon.
Sincerely, Giang

• Tim Smith
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 11 months ago #44660 by Tim Smith
Replied by Tim Smith on topic Site not displaying correctly
Yes, 4 test categories plus 2 test products are available in the store. These are all being displayed under the heading "Categories". This would be a presentation I would call a categories page rather than the " Front Page" display we selected when configuring the main menu in Joomla. For a store front page I would expect more features than a categories listing, such as a link to the cart. A search box is also generally standard, etc. The online eShop documentation does not provide any screen shots of what the documentation intro terms "Multiple Themes" but this "Front Page" theme is certainly not what I would expect for a store.

By your response, am I too assume that we need to install another template to get the functionality normally associated with a store front?

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 11 months ago #44817 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Site not displaying correctly
Hi again Tim,
The front page of EShop to display list of categories and products. You can also published EShop modules (categories, products, mini cart, currencies, etc) to display on the Front page of EShop.
You can use another template to integrate with EShop. EShop can work with any other joomla templates.
Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong