All questions about EDocman extension

EDocman search results lead to login page

• ChrissMa
  • Topic Author
More
11 months 2 weeks ago - 11 months 2 weeks ago #158060 by ChrissMa
Hello!
A very similar topic was postet at  joomdonation.com/forum/edocman/74009-sea...ents-need-login.html , but this time it's with the finder / smart search component of Joomla!
I have a lot of publicly available documents to download, but when those documents are found through the smart search, the login page comes up. This should not be the case.
I followed the instructions and activated document ID and category ID in the configuration of EDocman. But unfortunately there is no change in the behaviour. The links to the documents are now generated with IDs, but still no luck.
If I login with my credentials (as admin), those result links bring me to the "edit document" view for those documents. This is weird.
I deleted and rebuild the smart search index, I cleaned and optimized the SEF database of EDocman, I also deleted the ULRs from 4SEF with I use to enhance the SEF URLs.
Unfortunately nothing changed the issue so far. Maybe you have a clue what to do?

Thanks!
Chris
Last edit: 11 months 2 weeks ago by ChrissMa.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #158062 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic EDocman search results lead to login page
Hi Chriss,
Please send the link of Edocman search function in your site here so we can check it together?
Thanks
Dam

• ChrissMa
  • Topic Author
More
11 months 2 weeks ago #158063 by ChrissMa
Replied by ChrissMa on topic EDocman search results lead to login page
Well it's the com_finder / smart search component which does a over-all-search through the whole site. The results are articles and (EDocman) downloads.

Hello!
I did some more analysis and here's what I found out:

The page is at  www.bildung-sbg.gv.at  , at the top left corner you can find the search module. Type "Induktion" to get to a result page. Click on the first result "Download" item: "Dienst-/Besoldungsrecht VB im Päd. Dienst - Durchführungsbestimmungen pd Induktionsphase"

The link of this specific download is 
www.bildung-sbg.gv.at/idbt-sued-upload/6...induktionsphase.html This link get's you to the login page. It's should not. Actually it's the wrong link because /idbt-sued-upload/ is indeed one category with hidden documents. But the document is not in that category.

This document is available to the public through an article at  www.bildung-sbg.gv.at/schule-recht/dienstrecht.html  It's the third document beneath the heading "Induktionsphase NEU/Mentoring AHS/BMHS". The plugin link of this document is  www.bildung-sbg.gv.at/component/edocman/...ownload.html?Itemid= , and this link gives the document immediately. It sits in a puplicly available EDocman category "Dienstrecht". I double checked this. This category and all documents are available to the public.

The website has no link to access the EDocman category directly. All downloads (at least most of them) are available through the content plugin and included in articles.

So the question is, why does the smart search gives a wrong link in the search results?

Of course I can provide backend access.
Regards!
Chris

More
11 months 1 week ago #158099 by Mr. Dam
Hi Chriss,
Yes, we are checking access issue in Edocman Finder plugin. We hope we will able to find something on this matter
Thanks
Dam

• ChrissMa
  • Topic Author
More
11 months 1 week ago #158100 by ChrissMa
Yes! Please!
I hope something comes up.
I discover that up to now nearly all EDocman results through com_finder are blocked. This is a huge issue, I really need some solution and don't know what to do.

The interesting thing is that initially the finder results worked fine. that is weird.

• ChrissMa
  • Topic Author
More
11 months 1 week ago #158104 by ChrissMa
Some more data to analyse.. and maybe for help:
Actually the /idbt-sued-upload/ does not exist in EDocman, there is no category named like this.
Only dbt-sued exist and a user group named IDBT Upload Sued. So it's completely unknow where the generated URL comes from.

if I replace /idbt-sued-upload/ with /components/edocman/ the document / download pages work as expected.

• ChrissMa
  • Topic Author
More
11 months 1 week ago #158117 by ChrissMa
Update: For the moment I need to remove all EDoc entries from the finder results. We're getting so many support requests and there is a lot confusion.
So if you have news or further questions, I#m going to activate those results again.

More
11 months 1 week ago #158118 by Mr. Dam
Hi Chris,
Please re-download and install latest Edocman version to see whether if the issue is resolved
Thanks
Dam

• ChrissMa
  • Topic Author
More
11 months 1 week ago - 11 months 1 week ago #158141 by ChrissMa
Thank you! I did that, still no change.

But there is some more insight:
I switched off SEF entirely and discovered that all links in the finders result contain the "&Itemid=414". This itemid (menu item) is - indeed - hidden from the public. It is a EDcoman link to upload documents to a specific EDocman cathegory, not available to the public. (There are some more Edocman links to upload documents in other cathegories, but they have lower item ids.)
All links within articles (generated by the plugins) do not contain this "&Itemid=414" and therefor work as expected.
Obviously if I remove this "&Itemid=414" the links start to work.
So the question is, who tells com_finder to insert this itemid into the links? I can not find any setting in EDocman that could be relevant.
Last edit: 11 months 1 week ago by ChrissMa. Reason: typos & additions

• ChrissMa
  • Topic Author
More
11 months 1 week ago #158143 by ChrissMa
Ok, I tried to to the math and
  • created a new hidden menu item for EDocman, but put it to "public" access
  • deleted the com_finder index
  • reindexed all content in com_finder
Now all finder results have the newest (and highest) itemID, and so all documents are available again.
Hope this information helps to find and remove the bug in the software.

Moderators: Mr. Dam