All questions about EDocman extension

Question about 'Category View > Number words of category description to be shown

• SolarStorm
  • Topic Author
More
11 months 3 weeks ago - 11 months 3 weeks ago #157928 by SolarStorm
I'm in the process of building my categories and documents.

Some categories, have a long description, and when viewing all categories from the main root download page, some of them are really long due the description text.

I'd like to limit the amount of words shown when viewing the categories. I've found the setting which is likely responsible for this (Configuration > Themes > Category View > Number words of category description to be shown) however no matter what number I set this to, it always displays the full description when viewing all categories together (from the main download root page).

Can you please explain what I might be doing wrong here?

You can view an example of what I'm talking about here:  snipboard.io/OlzhZY.jpg

Many thanks,

Last edit: 11 months 3 weeks ago by SolarStorm.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #157949 by Mr. Dam
Hi,
In Configuration -> Tab: Themes, there is a configure option: "Number words of category description to be shown", you can enter maximum words of category description that will be shown.
Thanks
Dam

• SolarStorm
  • Topic Author
More
11 months 3 weeks ago #157958 by SolarStorm
Hi Dam,

Thanks for your reply.

As advised in my post, I've already configured that parameter, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Here is a screenshot of the settings used:
paste.pics/NO5UR

Thanks,

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #158023 by Mr. Dam
You can submit ticket on category Edocman and provide your site url with super admin account. I will figure the problem for you
Thanks
Dam

Moderators: Mr. Dam