All questions about EDocman extension

Option to follow parent for permissions should be permanent.

More
2 years 2 months ago #149219 by Gary
Hi Tuan,
Just a point about the "follow parent" option for Category access.  This option doesn't make sense as a momentary toggle.  i.e. only working one time and then reverting to independent.  If I set categories to follow the parent for permissions, it's because I NEED them to follow the parent permanently.

General user expectation on something like this is that they remain following until another setting is chosen.  The behaviour of this option breaks that expectation.

Is there any way to set this up?  We have about 40 child categories on several parent categories.

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #149246 by Mr. Dam
Hi Gary,
You're correct, that feature will only applied for child-category when we save the category. After that, if we change permission of parent category, that change won't be applied to child categories. I will find the way to solve this kind of issue in next Edocman version.
Thanks
Dam
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

More
2 years 2 months ago #149248 by Gary
It's just about the expectation of the option... I guess you could change it to "Copy parent permission" and that would set a different expectation.
The "Follow parent" or _inherit_ really is an awesome feature, so I hope you can get it to work. With so many categories, it makes a huge time diff.

More
2 years 2 months ago #149250 by Mr. Dam
Hi Gary,
You can submit ticket on category Edocman and provide your site url with super admin account, we will upload the change into your site and you can test that feature.
Thanks
Dam

More
2 years 2 months ago #149254 by Gary
Dam,
This is amazing! I wasn't expecting anything so soon!
Would you be able to let me upload the patch?
It's a University site and I need to get NDA authorisation before I can let anyone in.
I'm a site builder so can load through FTP if you give me directions.

More
2 years 2 months ago #149405 by Gary
any update on this request?

More
2 years 2 months ago #149643 by Mr. Dam
Hi Gary,
This issue will be fixed in next Edocman version (released soon)
Thanks
Dam

More
2 years 2 months ago #149705 by Gary
Hey Mr. Dam, that's awesome. Sorry I couldn't test it for you this time.
I have a couple of installations of OSMembership and I work with Phil from JoomlaLondon, so we're always happy to try things out if you need testers.

Cheers
Gary

Moderators: Mr. Dam