All questions about EDocman extension

403 error on View; Download works fine

• Steve Stein
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 6 months ago #147013 by Steve Stein
403 error on View; Download works fine was created by Steve Stein
Most of our PDF documents are set for Download, but I have one Category that I want to have View instead, so the URL comes up in the browser. The Download button works just fine (opens into Acrobat Reader), but the View button causes a 403 error. Access is Public and Status is Published on both the Category and the documents. The Calculated Permission for Download on both the category and one of its documents is Allowed. Any idea what option I may have set incorrectly?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #147080 by HIRYO
Replied by HIRYO on topic 403 error on View; Download works fine
Hi,

Maybe you should go to edocman > sef optimize

More
2 years 6 months ago #147092 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic 403 error on View; Download works fine
Hi Steven,
I guest it's a permission issue while Edocman can't retrieve the pdf file in Joomla temporarily folder. In this case, you can disable PDF viewer plugin and using Google Viewer for instead
Thanks
Dam

• Steve Stein
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 6 months ago #147107 by Steve Stein
Replied by Steve Stein on topic 403 error on View; Download works fine
Kinda. On Firefox, I get a URL ending with ".../viewdocument/" followed by the document NUMBER (e.g. 1071), and a blank screen. On Chrome, I get a URL "about:blank" and a blank window, but when I click on the reload, the document does in fact come up, with a URL that ends with the document NAME followed by /fdocument?Itemid=9999. I guess this will work but it's very strange (and inconsistent).

Moderators: Mr. Dam