All questions about EDocman extension

Global tag list/editor

• Bavis F
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 6 months ago #146729 by Bavis F
Global tag list/editor was created by Bavis F
Is there a way to globally edit tags? It shows there is in the documentation, but that option doesn't show on my install. Using edocman 1.20.2, recently reinstalled per instructions here to fix another tag problem, and on Joomla 4.0.3.

Related to this, tags with an "&" in the name fail to filter, which is why I need to update many tags.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #146749 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Global tag list/editor
Hi Bavis,
Could you please tell me more about the Tag issue that you are having?
Thanks
Dam

• Bavis F
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 6 months ago #146767 by Bavis F
Replied by Bavis F on topic Global tag list/editor
1) There is no tag editor on the back end. Each document must be opened and the tag edited there. The documentation shows there should be a tag list for editing under the components menu, but it doesn't show.
2) When we had '&' in the name of a tag it didn't filter properly from the tags module. ie: if there are 100 documents tagged "One & Two", it showed all documents when clicked in the tags module. The other tags from the same module don't have the same issue. In the tags module it does show the correct number of documents, but when clicking to view those tagged documents it just shows everything.
3) Maybe this is related to #1, but it would be good to have a way to organize the display of tags in the module. Right now it's in the order the tag was added, not alphabetical, etc. There's no option in the module to change that.

More
2 years 6 months ago #146770 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Global tag list/editor
Hi Bavis,
You mean that when you edit document at Backend, you don't see existing tags of that document and you can't edit them?
Thanks
Dam

• Bavis F
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 6 months ago #146778 by Bavis F
Replied by Bavis F on topic Global tag list/editor
Sorry. The place I found that shows the nav option is "docman" instead of "edocman". Definitely something for a wishlist, then.

Yes, I can edit existing tags, but only document by document. I can't get a list of all existing tags across all documents to edit, and I can't change the sorting of the tags list in the module.

Moderators: Mr. Dam