All questions about EDocman extension

Template Override for common/documents_default.php

• Bruce Rick
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 7 months ago #146554 by Bruce Rick
I've been trying my best to modify the documents_default.php file for views and can't even get this off the ground.  I've made a copy of the documents_default.php file and placed it into my template in the html/con_edocman/common/ folder as it should be.  Uploading that file after it has been moved automatically creates a syntax error, unexpected 'else' message. This happens with nothing changed to the php file, so it shouldn't cause an error.  It should run just like the one in the component.  Is there anything specific that I'm doing wrong with the override.

I had similar issues with the category view but was able to find the issue and make adjustments there.  I just can't seem to find the issue with the documents_default.php file and I've spent half a day working on it.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #146556 by Mr. Dam
Hi,
The issue has cause from your custom modification, not the template overridden, you can modify file: documents_default.php in Edocman common folder directly and make sure it works perfectly before creating override file in template.
Thanks
Dam

• Bruce Rick
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 7 months ago #146594 by Bruce Rick
Thanks Dam. Yeah, it's weird because it runs perfectly fine as is in the components, but as soon as I make an exact copy and move it over to the template overrides, it crashes out bad. I've been trying to troubleshoot it to figure out what is going on because the code literally isn't changing and nothing is being changed in the template at the same time. Just a weird thing to have happen. I'll make a backup of the original and try working it from the component first to see how that goes.

• Bruce Rick
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 7 months ago #146595 by Bruce Rick
I think I actually figured this one out. It was actually FileZilla. These files need to be uploaded as Binary and not ASCII, that seemed to fix the issue. As soon as I made a change, even just deleting a blank line, it would break the file. This seems to have fixed it. I hadn't run into that issue before.

More
2 years 7 months ago #146600 by Mr. Dam
OK Bruce
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bruce Rick

Moderators: Mr. Dam