All questions about EDocman extension

Amazon S3 Plugin

• cpaschen
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 10 months ago #144203 by cpaschen
Amazon S3 Plugin was created by cpaschen
The plugin to Amazon S3 has no details about how to make it work.
And the documentation for the plugin is both outdated (Amazon has changed a number of screens) and missing details (like what ID do we put in the 'Account ID' field in the plugin - my main user ID - an integer, or the user name of the IAM user I created?).

Additionally, it's not clear if this plugin just 'automatically' takes over the saving process so that files are stored there, or do we have to configure this individually per category (or somewhere else in the configuration). [Based on the following paragraph/note, it 'appears' that this plugin, if it works like the dropbox plugin, will automatically save everything to the S3 account.]

AND there's just a lot of text/copy errors (near the end it mentions "When you turn on this plugin, the documents will be uploaded into your Dropbox account ..." (But this is an Amazon S3 plugin).

Just wondering if anyone else has gotten this working and might know the details.

(BTW ... I'd be happy to help edit that doc page if I get this working AND if I had access to edit the page - when I click the 'edit this page' link I get a 404 error)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #144204 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Amazon S3 Plugin
Hi,
Thank you for your inform, we have just fixed the wrong content of documentation.
Come back Amazon S3 storage plugin, this plugin is used to store physical documents on third party storage is S3.
This integration is one way, it means when you upload document from Edocman, file will be moved to S3. But the existing file on S3 won't able to sync to Edocman.
You can go to Backend -> Extensions -> Plugins and find: Edocman Amazon S3 plugin and enter your credentials, and remember to publish it before you can upload documents in Edocman and wait for them to be moved up to S3 storage.
Thanks
Dam

• cpaschen
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 9 months ago #144379 by cpaschen
Replied by cpaschen on topic Amazon S3 Plugin
Thanks.
I was now able to get the Amazon S3 to work on my dev. site.
(Having problems on the live site, but will add a new specific topic for that)>

• cpaschen
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 9 months ago #144381 by cpaschen
Replied by cpaschen on topic Amazon S3 Plugin
Actually looks like it's now working on the live site as well.
Thanks for the help.

More
2 years 9 months ago #144382 by Mr. Dam
OK Cpaschen

More
2 years 6 months ago #146306 by David Smith
Replied by David Smith on topic Amazon S3 Plugin
What did you end up putting in the Account ID field? I've been trying various things, but it isn't working for me. I get an Access Denied message back from Amazon, and I suppose it might be the Account ID field, 'cause I don't know what to put there.
Thanks,
Dave

More
2 years 6 months ago #146308 by Mr. Dam
Hi Dave,
You should enter enough credentials for Amazon S3 plugin to make sure the plugin to work properly. Read more in this documentation: edocmandocs.joomservices.com/modules-plu...ow-to-setup-amazon-s ...
Thanks
Dam

Moderators: Mr. Dam