All questions about EDocman extension

More Efficient Layout of Same File, Different Formats

• Howard White
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 10 months ago #135257 by Howard White
I have a repository of design templates that are made available to designers. These files could be PDF, PSD (photoshop), Ai(Illustrator), or JPG files. Right now, when these files are provided, they are displayed as separate entries with the same title, but different filetypes. I would like to get a more efficient layout option so that the tile of the document only appears once, with icons of the available filetype options. Is this achievable at all with the current incarnation of Edocman?

Current Layout Option
TitleIcon
Brochure Layout 1PSD
Brochure Layout 1PDF
Brochure Layout 1Ai
Brochure Layout 1JPG

Desired Layout Option
Title
Brochure Layout 1PSD PDF Ai JPG

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #135261 by Mr. Dam
Hi Howard,
I am not sure with your idea, could you please provide the screenshot to explain more details about it?
Thanks
Dam

• Howard White
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 10 months ago #135282 by Howard White
A file can come in different formats or extensions. Music files can be mp3, wav, WMA, etc. IF I have one song in 3 different formats, right now with Edocman, i have to create 3 different document entries for the same song, for each of the different types of files available. This results in duplicate content.

What I am asking, is there a way to create one title for each unique document and have the different file extensions/types listed with that ONE title?

In my instance for another example, I have a calendar 12 x 12 that I have to create duplicate titles for each of the available file extensions (PSD, Ai, PDF, JPG) This ends up using unneccessary space in page layouts and creates duplicate content.

The one attachement shows how Edocman works now. The other shows how an effecient layout might look; 1 title with the available file types available for download under that one title.

Maybe this is possible now and I 'm missing how to do this?
Attachments:

• Howard White
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 10 months ago #135283 by Howard White
Heres a real world of what I am asking about:
www.zapsplat.com/sound-effect-category/birds/

They have both Wav and MP3 filetypes available for download. They dont list the same title twice, they list it once and users select which every filetype they need from that one title.

Moderators: Mr. Dam