Need help with Joomla? We are available for hire to help with Joomla customization, upgrades, maintenance, and custom development.
Explore our services
All questions about EDocman extension

Edit from Front end view but with Tables layout?

  • Justin Yang
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #117911 by Justin Yang
I love tables layout because it looks great.


But only Columns view has Edit and Delete buttons for the front end.


I want the user to modify their documents from the front end (upload, edit, delete).

I'm trying to create an Edocman Menu item called browse documents and I set it to Table layout, but it becomes and column layout when I click on a sub category. (in the backend, I set all categories to Default)

Is there any way to allow front end editing with the table layout?

Or if not, is there a way to make a menu item for Column layout -> All documents/sub categories are viewed in column layout.

Create a edocman menu item for table layout -> all documents/sub categories are viewed in table layout

Currently if i make a menu item for table layout, it will change to column layout the moment they click on a sub category.
And vice versa.
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Justin Yang.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #117924 by Mr. Dam
Hi Justin,
When you edit Category, you will see field: Layout, please select option: Table for this field.
Thus, at front-end, the documents of Category will be shown in Table layout
Thanks
Dam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Justin Yang
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
7 years 11 months ago #117961 by Justin Yang
Replied by Justin Yang on topic Edit from Front end view but with Tables layout?
My problem is that the table layout does not allow edit / delete, but looks good.

But Column layout allows edit/delete, but looks bad.

But I need to allow user to use edit delete.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #118007 by Mr. Dam
Hi Justin,
You can to allow user to edit/delete documents through Columns layout, right?
Thanks
Dam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Mr. Dam