All questions about EDocman extension

Permissions Issue, I think

• Chris Thomas
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #62804 by Chris Thomas
Permissions Issue, I think was created by Chris Thomas
I am a new eDocman user and so far, I think it looks pretty awesome but I am having one problem. I created a new menu item of type eDocman > Categories List, and created three categories. My goal is to use these categories to control access to our clubs documents. Our Board of Directors should be able to access all three, Committee Chairs should be able to only access theirs and general and all registered users should be able to see just general. For now, I put a test document under each of the categories. When I am logged on to the site as myself, I can see the categories and the docs within them just fine. I have created 3 test users and assigned one to the Board Members group, one to Committee Chairs group and one just to the registered users group. Neither of my test accounts can even see the categories on the page. I have been messing with component permissions and category permissions quite a bit and the only way that I can get the three test users to see the categories is to make them super users which I of course don't want to do. I'm not sure what I have done wrong but I could use some assistance. Any ideas?

My website is www.baltimoredragonboatclub.com and my eDocman page is under Membership > Club Documents.
Thanks.
-Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #62826 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Permissions Issue, I think
Hi Chris

I need to check your permission settings to see what's wrong and get it corrected. So please submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site so that I can check to see what's wrong and get it corrected for you

Regards,

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Mr. Dam