All questions about EDocman extension

search error: 404 category not found

• Reto Rappa
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 7 months ago #50152 by Reto Rappa
search error: 404 category not found was created by Reto Rappa
Dear Tuan,

at the moment I get the error "404 category not found" every time I use the search function. It does not matter if I choose an existing category or not, the error message is always the same. The only thing I changed is to update Joomla from 3.3.3 to 3.3.4. Do you have any hint to solve this issue? Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 7 months ago #50198 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic search error: 404 category not found
Hi Reto

Really sorry. I don't know why this happens. Could you please send us admin and FTP account of your site? I will try to check to see what's wrong and get it corrected for you.

Regards,

Tuan

• Reto Rappa
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #50949 by Reto Rappa
Replied by Reto Rappa on topic search error: 404 category not found
I'm sorry but I'm not allowed to give you the ftp-account. Sorry.

But in the meanwhile I noticed that it seems to be language-problem (multilanguage within Edocman is set to off). The Site is configured to english and german language. If I use the search-function of Edocman, the english search wants to search in german categories and vice versa. Because that is not possible, it shows a "404 category not found". All modules, menu entries etc. are set to the right language, so I have to investigate a little more.

• Reto Rappa
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #51291 by Reto Rappa
Okay, this seems to be a little tricky. To exclude "other influences" I started with a whole new Joomla-installation (3.3.6). Then I did the following:
  • I created a dual-language site, main language german, 2nd language english
  • installed EDocman 1.5.7 and activated multilang-feature, activated all Edocman-modules, activated necessary Joomla-language-modules/plugins, installed german language file for Edocman,
  • created a main-menu for each language (and a hidden mainmenu with one main-entry for both languages)
  • created one Edocman-category, created several sub-categories (all set to ALL language), made a menu-entry for each language to show a list of the sub-categories (menu type edocman/table layout). Changed the Edocman search-module to german, made a copy to english and let them appear only on the language-depending list of sub-categories.
  • After I press the german search button there will be this link:: www.xyz.de/index.php/de/sdb-de/suchergeb...id=0&btnSearch=Suche and it works
  • After I press the english search button there will be this link: www.xyz.de/index.php/en/sdb-de/search-re...d=0&btnSearch=Search and it gives a 404 category not found error.

If I change the english link from /index.php/en/sdb-de/ to /index.php/en/sdb-en/, the english search works too! sdb-de is the alias for my german menu entry (menu type edocman/table layout), sdb-en is the alias for my english menu entry.

I don't understand why the search function call includes the alias of the german menu entry (or why it does not include the english alias in english search)???. Do you have any hint for me (except to try a rewrite in .htaccess)? Thank you.
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Reto Rappa.

• Reto Rappa
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #51761 by Reto Rappa
Tuan, as you don't seem to have a solution for this problem, I went the way with redirect in .htaccess:

RewriteRule ^(.*)en/sdb-de([^0-9]*)$ /$1en/sdb-en$2 [R=301,L]

This line did it for me and let the english search works right without 404. en/sdb-de is the part of the url which is now always replaced with en/sdb-en.
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Reto Rappa.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 6 months ago #51777 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic search error: 404 category not found
Hi Reto

Sorry, I was having a hard time and could not look at it earlier. Can only come back to look at it now. Is there any chance you can send me a copy of the test site database so that I can check, see the issue myself and get it sorted ?

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. Dam