All questions about EDocman extension

Showing a PDF-file via Menu or within a document

• Gerd Schönwolf
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 8 months ago #47927 by Gerd Schönwolf
Showing a PDF-file via Menu or within a document was created by Gerd Schönwolf
Hi,
there are two issues I would like to solve. I am not sure if there is already a solution arround or if I am asking here for new features?

Br Gerd

1) I would like to open a PDF document (stored within a EDocman category) from a menue item and that the PDF is opened in teh framework. Tthe results should look like this: dav-augsburg.de/aav/index.php/skifuehrer
(This has been achieved by Joomla Wrapper menu item - iframe which requires a absolute URL path - but I would prefer a relaltive path which can be choosen when a menu item is created -> NewMenuItem->EDocman->DocumentContent ) (I do not like to have a solution which is leaving the template framework like its is done with plugin "EDocman Document Link", see dav-augsburg.de/aav/index.php/component/...cument.viewdoc&id=35 )

2) I would like to display the content of PDF-file within a specific Joomla article. In other I would like to use the link view. According to my understanding and test the plugin "EDocman Document Link" - "Add Link to View Dokument" allows only to put a link into the article and the setting is the same for all documents.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #47991 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Showing a PDF-file via Menu or within a document
Hi Gerd

Both of the two features you are asking for are not available in the extension. The feature #1 can be done by writing some code customization. However, I believe the feature #2 is not possible to do (using php unless we use iframe to embed it into the article - haven't tried the iframe solution yet).

Regards,

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Mr. Dam