All questions about EDocman extension

Media files only download as a text file

• Patrick Frank
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 week ago #44463 by Patrick Frank
Media files only download as a text file was created by Patrick Frank
:huh:

I have been trying to upload some media files to edocman that are supplements to some of the documents. However; even though the size is within the parameters I set and I added the extension of the video to the allowed, when they upload, they will only download as a text file? Any ideas how I go about fixing this?

the videos vary.. mp4, mpg, avi... etc...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 week ago #44477 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Media files only download as a text file
Hi

That's strange. I haven't heard any one reporting the issue like this before. Could you please submit a support ticket sending us admin and FTP account of the site so that I can check to see what's wrong and get it corrected for you ?

Regards,

Tuan

• Patrick Frank
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 week ago #44510 by Patrick Frank
Replied by Patrick Frank on topic Media files only download as a text file
Tuan,

Thank you for the reply! We already have documents on the system that are considered confidential, so I am unable to provide access to the system. Do you have any ideas?

What is weird is when I click on the file to download, instead of downloading as the filename.ext it downloads as the word "download". - download.txt We are also having an issue where some videos, even though they are within our size restriction specified they do not upload, it just stops uploading and returns us to the dashboard.

Thanks Again for help!

More
10 years 6 days ago #44526 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Media files only download as a text file
Hi Frank

Please see my response via support ticket. Maybe update the file I sent you in the support ticket (so that the proper mime type of the file will be detected) should solve the issue.

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. Dam