• somaindi
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #43942 by somaindi
Few questions/issues with eDOCMAN was created by somaindi
Just bought it and installed it on our dummy test site,
www.soamjena.com/jc/index.php?option=com...gory&id=1&Itemid=438

Here are the issues or questions I have :
  1. I dont see the DOWNLOAD button on both listing page or details page, even if its ON at the configuration.
  2. I have switched off the parameters, jQuery and Twitter Bootstrap, as it was breaking my layout. Is that okay to keep both switched off ?
  3. I tried enabling the CART feature, but I dont see any extra buttons. Is that working or tested ?
  4. On the details page, File Type and Size is not showing. Its missing. Why ?
  5. I need PUBLIC to be able to see the DOWNLOAD button, but when they click it, it redirects back to a custom Page, which is my Template subscription article page. How to do that ?
  6. Where do I set the download access to only TEMP SUBS user group ? In the category ? So, I dont have to set it again again on the documents, right ?
  7. I have set the file URL in the document, but the file name, size, type, nothing shows. So, I simply uploaded a simple zip file and selected it. Then it just shows the file name. Well, I want to use the remote server download link for the document, so users can download click button and it automatically downloads the direct link, which I have defined.
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by somaindi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• somaindi
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 11 months ago #44013 by somaindi
Replied by somaindi on topic Few questions/issues with eDOCMAN
8. I created a new category ABC. In the permissions tab, for the DOWNLOAD, I selected DENIED for PUBLIC, REGISTED, EXT SUBS User Groups.
Only selected, ALLOWED for TEMP SUBS group, which is a sub group of REGISTERED.
I see, it shows, conflict. See this screenshot,
cl.ly/image/2k15232L1B3b

What does that mean ?
Isn't it supposed to work, how I need it to work ?

• somaindi
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 11 months ago #44014 by somaindi
9. And I dont want to google index, EDOCMAN listings. What to add to robots.txt ?

More
9 years 10 months ago #44640 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Few questions/issues with eDOCMAN
Hi

First of all, I am really sorry for lately response on this forum post from you. The last few weeks are busy weeks in my life as I spent time to work on Membership Pro to make it better, now it is completed, I am happy with the new version and can come back to normal work. Here are the answers to your questions :

I dont see the DOWNLOAD button on both listing page or details page, even if its ON at the configuration.

=> I think it is because you don't have download permission as the download button will only be showed if you have permission to download the document.

I have switched off the parameters, jQuery and Twitter Bootstrap, as it was breaking my layout. Is that okay to keep both switched off ?

EDocman (and most of my other extensions) now use twitter bootstrap for mark up. So unless your site loaded twitter bootstrap already, you cannot turn off it. Sometime, there might be something conflict in css of your site template and in this case, we will be happy to check and solve it for you directly on your site. Just need to have admin and FTP account of the site.

I tried enabling the CART feature, but I dont see any extra buttons. Is that working or tested ?

=> That feature is supposed to enable add documents into cart and download them all within one download. But it has not been implemented yet. It is for future !

On the details page, File Type and Size is not showing. Its missing. Why ?

=> Seems it is because you are having your files on remote server and you just enter URL of the file ? In this case, the information could not be showed. It can only show the information if your files are uploaded to server.

I need PUBLIC to be able to see the DOWNLOAD button, but when they click it, it redirects back to a custom Page, which is my Template subscription article page. How to do that ?

=> Unfortunately, this is not supported feature in the extension, so I am afraid of you will need to customize it. In EDocman, users can only see the download button if he has Download permission.

Where do I set the download access to only TEMP SUBS user group ? In the category ? So, I dont have to set it again again on the documents, right ?

=> In EDocman, permission is inheritted, so if the permission is the same for all documents, you can set up the permission in the component level (go to EDocman-> Configuration, click on Options button in the toolbar to do that). If they are the same for all documents in a category, you can setup it in the Category.

Will answering your other questions after lunch !

Tuan

• somaindi
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #44758 by somaindi
I just started to test my setup and I see, whatever I do, the download button is not getting visible.

My category and all the sub categories permission for DOWNLOAD shows this,

cl.ly/image/0706163H3G3D

See the screenshot for TEMP SUBS group.

Whats the problem ?
How to fix ?

More
9 years 10 months ago #44801 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Few questions/issues with eDOCMAN
Hi

I believe you set the permission for the parent group of this group to Denied and that's the reason causing the error. If you set permission for a group to be denied, the permission for all children groups of that group will be not allowed. So please don't set permission to Denied, just set to Inheritted and it will work well !

Tuan

• somaindi
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #44822 by somaindi
I just did the same for the parent category and sub categories even, but same problem.

See this screenshot of PARENT CATEGORY,
cl.ly/image/0Z0934071Q03

cl.ly/image/1F3p0O231m0e

Tried both ways, and doesnt work.
What to do ?

More
3 years 9 months ago #135209 by Lungisani Mbambo
Replied by Lungisani Mbambo on topic Few questions/issues with eDOCMAN
how i do check if my licence for EDOCMAN is still valid on joomla website

More
3 years 9 months ago #135221 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Few questions/issues with eDOCMAN
Hi Lungisani Mbambo,
When did you purchase Edocman ?
Thanks
Dam

Moderators: Mr. Dam