All questions about EDocman extension

Edocman plugin extra option 'view'?

• Jip Jonker
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago #43672 by Jip Jonker
Edocman plugin extra option 'view'? was created by Jip Jonker
Hi! The eDocman plugin has two settings: 'Link to the detail page' and 'download the document'. It would be nice to be able to also add the option 'view the document'.

On a document detail page (frontend) of eDocManager the user is given two buttons: 'Download' and 'View'. These are the options I would like to see in the plugin as well.

Maybe even better: Make the setting in the plugin 'default' and when using the plugin in an article make it possible to select the option 'download', 'view' or 'detailpage' on the specific link you are placing in the content. :woohoo:

I know a user could change the link in the article HTML source code, but it would be user friendly to have this option when inserting the document link.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #43709 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Edocman plugin extra option 'view'?
Hi

I think we can simple add the third option to the plugin. Please get the updated plugin here, install it to your site.

After that, check it again and It should work as expected.

Regards,

Tuan
Attachments:

• Jip Jonker
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #43720 by Jip Jonker
Replied by Jip Jonker on topic Edocman plugin extra option 'view'?
Hi Tuan,

Thanks for your quick response.
I installed the modified plugin. But when the option is set to 'view' the URL that is created is not correct.

/component/edocman/?task=document.view&id=10

Should be:
/component/edocman/?task=document.viewdoc&id=10

So if you could correct this in the plugin that would be great,

Would adding the three option to the popup when using the plugin be a lot of work? This way a user can choose what kind of link should pe created on a per link basis. That would make this a lot more flexible. Maybe the setting in the plugin could be the 'default' for this option in the popup.

Thanks!
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Jip Jonker.

• Jip Jonker
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago #43725 by Jip Jonker
Hi Tuan,
Maybe this extra option is a bit more complicated. When we use PDF documents the plugin 'view' setting will work OK, but on Word documents, this will not work? I believe the view button on a document detail page is also only visible for PDF files and/or images?

Would it be possible to let the plugin 'decide' what link to use based on the document type? So if the plugin is ste to 'view', PDF's and other 'in browser viewable' document get the view link, other get the download link. Would that be possible?
Thanks.

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #43845 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

I don't think it is necessary. When a document type is not viewable, I believe it will still process download (even you set it to View).

Regards,

Tuan

• Jip Jonker
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 3 weeks ago #43887 by Jip Jonker
Hi Tuan,

When the plugin setting is set do 'view' the link to a MS Word document just shows an empty page. When is is a PDF it is shown in the browser. So the 'view' action is not changed to 'download' when 'view' is not possible in the browser.

It would be OK if that did happen, as you mention. But unfortunately it doesn't.

Did you see my remark about the link created by the plugin with the 'view' option is wrong?

Would it be possible (feature request...) to select the 'type of action' when using the button in the article? This way we can let the user choose the action he wants for this specific document.

Thanks.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #43922 by Tuan Pham Ngoc

Would it be possible (feature request...) to select the 'type of action' when using the button in the article? This way we can let the user choose the action he wants for this specific document.

=> Yes. That is something which I consider adding support for it in the future. However, to be honest, I won't have time to work on it very soon. You will have to wait us for atleast two weeks if you want to have that feature.

Tuan

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #43923 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
If you want, you can submit a support ticket. I can help you to edit the code so that when the document is PDF, it will be viewed. For other file types, it will be downloaded.

Tuan

• Jip Jonker
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 3 weeks ago #43941 by Jip Jonker
Hi Tuan,
Thanks for picking up on the feature request for this plugin. There is no hurry om my side to get this feature so take your time ;-) I guess you have a list of requested features you will be processing, so adding this request to your list is all I ask. Looking forward to see this in an upcomming release.

"f you want, you can submit a support ticket. I can help you to edit the code so that when the document is PDF, it will be viewed. For other file types, it will be downloaded." --> I will dot this. Thanks.

Regards,
Jip

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #44012 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Here is the modified file. I attach it here instead of posting it in the support ticket so that other users can use it if they want.

1. Get this file

2. Unzip it.

3. Upload it to components/com_edocman/models folder of your site.

After that, the problem you mentioned in your last post should be sorted (I haven't tested the code yet :D).

Tuan
Attachments:

Moderators: Mr. Dam