All questions about EDocman extension

Document Link Editor Button - Feature Request

• Maranomedia
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #43649 by Maranomedia
Hi,

I just bought EDocman and I´m quite happy with it so far, but in my point of view the "Document Link Editor Button" really should have some more features. For me the most important thing would be a Category Chooser and the possibility to use a different title than the original filename has.

In our intranet website about 5.000 documents (in about 200 categories) are available for download. While other things like ACL works pretty well I already got editor feedback that it´s really painfull to find the right files (in the frontend). A category chooser (like in Phoca Download or JDownloads editor plugin) really should be implemented for the frontend also. Also the plugins css seems to be broken in the frontend(see attachement)

Editors have also problems to give the file a different title. It would be great if the could fill in an individual title in the plugin dialog window (like in Phoda Download, JDownloads etc.)

Also possibilities to choose some div styling around the raw text link would be nice. Guess I will manage to introduce some css features into the plugin template files, but it would be great if also non-coders would have the chance to give EDocman files in articles a nice look.

So it would be really great if Tuan could spend a piece of time to refine the EDocman editor plugin.

Thanks in advance!

Marco

P.S: I´m using Joomla 2.5.19, some editors work in the backend, some in the frontend.
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Maranomedia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #43843 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Document Link Editor Button - Feature Request
Hi Marco

First of all, I am sorry for lately response. I was too busy in the last few days work on new version of one of my extensions.

Back to your request/suggestion, could you please attach a screenshot of how the editor plugin in JDOwnloads or Phoca download works so that I can understand what you want and try to implement it into the extension ?

Regards,

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Mr. Dam