All questions about EDocman extension

crawler hits building up in Edocman statistics

• pixpro
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago #43418 by pixpro
I have been looking at who has been downloading files. It seems that crawlers are able to download files that are not even published on the site. How can this be happening?
Is there any way to prevent the crawlers from downloading or registering as a download?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #43456 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic crawler hits building up in Edocman statistics
Hi

On your site, you allow public users to download documents ? Please let me know so that I can find a solution for this issue.

Tuan

• pixpro
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #43469 by pixpro
yes the downloads are public.
I see that all i have to do is change the id in the url below and I will download any file that is public.
www.SITENAME.com/component/edocman/?task...ument.download&id=15
I think crawlers are doing something like this because files that are public but not published anywhere on the site are being downloaded.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by pixpro. Reason: make it clearer

More
10 years 1 month ago #43505 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic crawler hits building up in Edocman statistics
Hi

I think I found a solution stackoverflow.com/questions/17515381/exc...-view-counter-in-php . Could you please submit a support ticket so that I can do the code modification for you to prevent bots from downloading the content ?

Regards.

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. Dam