All questions about EDocman extension

Host of problems after installation

• Keith Mauney
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 2 months ago #42172 by Keith Mauney
Host of problems after installation was created by Keith Mauney
New user, fairly new to Joomla 2.5.18. Gotta lotta separate issues, some with Joomla Login core and more with eDocman. Great program other than these hurdles. Day two after ticket; no response yet, so I try the forum. Otherwise I gotta disable the extension and try someone else for download function (nooooo....). FWIW, site is up at www.kmus.cloudaccess.net .

1) Login form (to permit downloads by only registered users) doesn't interface tin extension. I created permission group in Joomla but it has no effect on eDoc. I set access in document to Registered Users and it doesn't publish document on front end, even when user is registered.

2) What does display shows with options to edit, publish, unpublished, etc. No view or link to license.

3) Permissions box on document options does not open. Is this by design or is there a conflict with my Joomla 2.5.18?

4) Can't get re-ordering of documents within category to display on front end. Backend shows "Changes saved" but front end shows no change.

5) Set up subcategories, linked docs to them, and front end display crashes: subcategories text is displayed overlapping on top of each other in a narrow column (about 20 characters wide).

Could all of this be a conflict with my template, with Joomla 2.5, or am I cursed with ignorance? (Diifference between ignorant and stupid is, stupid does not want to learn.... I want to know so I can make this all work and look as beautiful as I know the extension can perform.)

Thanks to any and all. Really.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #42173 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Host of problems after installation
Hi Keith

I am sorry for haven't had a chance to reply to your ticket yet. I was spending my last two days to migrate our website to new website /new server :).

I am going to check the support tickets today. You will receive my detailed response within 24 hours. Maybe you can update the ticket giving me admin account of your site so that I can check the settings you made to make sure it is corrected.

Tuan

• Keith Mauney
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 2 months ago #42240 by Keith Mauney
Replied by Keith Mauney on topic Host of problems after installation
Thanks! Just to remind, I sent admin info, pw, etc over on the ticket as an update yesterday.

Keith

• Keith Mauney
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 2 months ago #42242 by Keith Mauney
Replied by Keith Mauney on topic Host of problems after installation
Thanks again-- I just checked the ticket and got your message. Will contact you by Skype Thurs at a time that works for you….

More
10 years 2 months ago #42380 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Host of problems after installation
Hi Keith

Not sure you received my response via support ticket or not but your site is not accessible and I could not check it directly on your site.

I also haven't seen you contacted me on Skype yet. So if it is possible, please try to contact me on tomorrow so that we can check it together and solve the issue.

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. Dam