All questions about EDocman extension

Column view doesn't work

More
10 years 2 months ago #41634 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Column view doesn't work
Didn't you see my email ? It seems you changed FTP account and I could not login to check the code anymore :(. Please re-activate the FTP account you sent me.

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Plotec
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 2 months ago #41635 by Plotec
Replied by Plotec on topic Re: Column view doesn't work
I didn't change the account. It's the same account with the same login data.

More
10 years 2 months ago #41636 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hmm. Confirm that the FTP account works now. I don;t know why it didn't work when I checked it yesterday.

The office time is closing here now, so I will check it tonight (in the next 4 hours). Please wait for my result.

Tuan

• Plotec
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #41637 by Plotec
Sorry Tuan,

you are still not logged in, are you working at our problem? You have to understand that we have to do a job here. We can't make further til you have fixed the things that don't work.

Your demo looks really good and convinced us to buy your component. But slowly I don't know if it was the right decision. There are too much problems from the beginning.

You fixed the bug where we can't go to document level on clicking the appropriate category/subcategory. So right so good. But you won't take the fix over to the default release version. Why? If the fix work for me it will work a fortiori for all other users. We called our webhoster and he assures that there is no exotic configuration at the servers.

We don't want to patch several thing's into new releases, because you are not willing to build it in for a because of some unknown reasons. We simply want to update by simply installing the new version and not more work.

That's not what we understand from serious development.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Plotec.

More
10 years 2 months ago #41638 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
That patch was included in the package already, so you don't have to worry about it for the next release.

For logged in back-end, I haven't (I only logged in last night to check and confirm the issue). Then I tried FTP and It didn't work, then I emailed you (you can check the email to verify that I sent you email last night ask for FTP account again).

I logged in to FTP (and confirmed that it works) in my last message (You can check server logs to see that I access to that FTP account).

So as you can see, I am honest developer. The issue which I fixed the last time was only happens on some special server (I told you about it before and I agreed to add the add the fix to download package). The next one I will check to see the reason of the error and I will tell you as well.

The extension works. But in some special server, it might need some modifications. And that's why we need to support customers.

So for now, please be patient and wait for me. I am sure that I can get the issue fixed within the next few hours (after my dinner).

Also, as I mentioned from the beginning, if you are not happy with the product, you can tell me anytime and I will refund the money of your purchase (even after I fixed it). That's all I can do :(.

Tuan

• Plotec
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 2 months ago #41639 by Plotec
We are happy with the product if it would work as in your demo. Plus some (little) modifications that makes life easier (for all users).

1) We want to have a functional column view AND the possibility to setup how many to display in a row in the backend.
2) We want to have to disable the detail button in the backend as for the other buttons too, because the details are reachable by clicking on the title links too. (I know that I can disable the button via CSS.
3) Complete language strings for the backend.
4) Separate (with a span) the category title from the upload button in html. If I now fade out the Title, the button fades out too. The best and mor elegant way is to build in an option in the backend to disable the category and subcategory titles.

If you can modify edocman to fulfill these 4 little requirements, we will be happy at all.

More
10 years 2 months ago #41640 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Frank

Found and fixed the issue. It is again something confusing with SEF (we had to implement our own SEF router, different way than Joomla core to provide better URL structure and sometime it has small issues) .

OK. For now, please check the updated version I sent you via email. Please :

1. Upgrade it to your site.

2. Edit the category you want to use columns layout, set the layout to Columns.

3. To change number of items in columns layout, go to EDocman -> Configuration, look at Themes tab and you will see config option Number of Columns in Column Layout. Change it to the number you want.

Regards,

Tuan

More
10 years 2 months ago #41641 by Tuan Pham Ngoc

Plotec wrote: We are happy with the product if it would work as in your demo. Plus some (little) modifications that makes life easier (for all users).

1) We want to have a functional column view AND the possibility to setup how many to display in a row in the backend.
2) We want to have to disable the detail button in the backend as for the other buttons too, because the details are reachable by clicking on the title links too. (I know that I can disable the button via CSS.
3) Complete language strings for the backend.
4) Separate (with a span) the category title from the upload button in html. If I now fade out the Title, the button fades out too. The best and mor elegant way is to build in an option in the backend to disable the category and subcategory titles.

If you can modify edocman to fulfill these 4 little requirements, we will be happy at all.

Hi Frank

In an ideal world, we would have software which meet the needs of all customers. However, I am afraid of we could not make it perfect like that. So sometime, you will need to customize the extension alitle to meet your own need. I think none of providers could provide perfect extensions as you want. You can try other extensions in the same category and you will see.

Back to your suggestions :

1=> It works now and there is config option like you want.

2=> Will consider adding support for it in version 1.5.8

3=> Will be completed in 1.5.8

4=> I think for this item, you will need to customize it yourself. I remember that I answered you the file you need to modify in other forum post as before.

Regards,

Tuan

• Plotec
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 2 months ago #41642 by Plotec
Ok I can live with that so far.

Isn't it better to name the "Themes" tab in the backend configuration to "Frontend Settings because all settings are frontend settings? It's more logical.

Is it possible to displlay the category/subcategories in column view too? This would make the look on our site much better.

P.S Unfortunately your fixed version doesn't work in our production site.

More
10 years 2 months ago #41651 by Tuan Pham Ngoc

Is it possible to displlay the category/subcategories in column view too

When you view a category, if that category contains sub categories, the sub-categories will be displayed. Doesn't it work like that on your site ?

Unfortunately your fixed version doesn't work in our production site

I think now I should have the trust to check it directly on your live site. Will that be OK ?

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. Dam