All questions about EDocman extension

Category view doesn't show subcategories?

• Plotec
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #41294 by Plotec
Hi,

does the categories or category view doesn't show subcategories? I made some categories with several subcategories in each. Then I created a menu with category view and selected the toplevel category as root.

In the frontend I see - after clicking the menuitem - the 1 level categories and how many documents in there...if I click on a category nothing happens. Shouldn't the next category level (the subcategories from first level) are displayed then? And further, if I click on the subcategories, shouldn't the associated documents are displayed? If not, the whole extension is useless. Then for what reason I should create a hierarchical category structure if I can only associate one menuitem with one category.

I bought this extension because of the good reviews on the JED but for now i'm really disappointed with it because almost nothing will work as it should. See my other post in that forum for the ACL problems with it.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Plotec.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #41314 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Category view doesn't show subcategories?
Hi

The extension should work exactly like you said (it works for all other customers). So I will check it when I received your site information and then I will tell you why it doesn't work with you first setup.

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Mr. Dam