All questions about EDocman extension

SOLVED:Doc link plugin, open links in preview mode

• Mirjana Phillips
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 5 days ago #40804 by Mirjana Phillips
SOLVED:Doc link plugin, open links in preview mode was created by Mirjana Phillips
I need to be able to set the document link plugin, to open some of the links in preview mode.

I am using "EDocman Document Link" plugin in my Joomla articles to create links to documents. Currently the plugin has an option to link to Download mode or Details mode. Since I don't ever want to use the Details mode (I even overrode the template layout and took that button out completely), I chose to set it for direct download.

Most of the time the direct download link is fine. However, for some of these files, I really need them to be displayed (previewed) in the browser first before the user chooses whether they want to save the file locally or not.

How can I form the link (even if I have to manually edit it) to open some of my documents in View mode? Whenever I made any changes to the link, the result was a forbidden page so I am clearly missing something.

Thank you.
Last edit: 10 years 5 days ago by Mirjana Phillips. Reason: Solved

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #40900 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Document link plugin, open links in preview mode
Hi

You will need to edit the link the system created to make it like the below format :

index.php?option=com_edocman&task=document.viewdoc&id=ID_OF_THE_DOCUMENT

After that, when users click on the link, they will view the document instead of viewing the document details page.

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charles

• Mirjana Phillips
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago #42944 by Mirjana Phillips
Replied by Mirjana Phillips on topic Document link plugin, open links in preview mode
I have tried that but get a 403 and 404 error as follows:

You don't have permission to access /edocman on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

More
10 years 1 month ago #42953 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Document link plugin, open links in preview mode
That's strange. Please submit a support ticket sending us admin and FTP account of your site. We are going to check to see what's wrong and get it corrected for you.

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mirjana Phillips

• Mirjana Phillips
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 5 days ago #44549 by Mirjana Phillips
Replied by Mirjana Phillips on topic Document link plugin, open links in preview mode
After updating Edocman to latest version the SEF URLs are being created correctly. I am not certain why there was an issue with previous version but it works correctly now. Thank you!

More
10 years 4 days ago #44555 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Document link plugin, open links in preview mode
OK ! Thanks for the update !

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. Dam