All questions about EDocman extension

Links to all my PDF documents still work in a COPY

• Marc DECHEVRE
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #39201 by Marc DECHEVRE
Strange enough :

In order to give a training to the owners of the site I have developed with eDcoman, I have made for them a COPY of the site, but *without* the directory containing all the 1500 PDFs.

Still, to my suprise, downloading any PDF would still work... while they are NOT in the copy of the site.

Then, when I tried uploading a document, I got an error message of course, because I had not yet adapted the "Documents Path" in eDocman configuration panel (copy of the site was hosted with another hosting Cy).

But unexpectedly, the download links would still work ! Still, they are NOT in the copy of the site and the Documents Path parameter had been corrected to point to some new directory on the copy site.

How can this be ??
What I fear is the following : if donwloading is possible on my test environment (copy of the site)... then someone trying to delete some documents "just to test"... would actually maybe delete the original documents ?

I am really confused bc I don't understand how all this can be...

Txs for clarifying.

Marc

PS : I edit my own msg to give some more interesting information...
I was so much troubled that I have made the following test :
on the original site, I make an ftp connexion to my server and I *rename* my Documents Path (from "edocman" in my case to "edocmanzzz").
Again, same behaviour : on the site itself, all the PDFs can still be downloaded, while the directory has physically changed to a new name.
How can ???
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Marc DECHEVRE.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #39214 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Links to all my PDF documents still work in a COPY
Hi Marc

No clue about this case. Please submit a support ticket sending us admin and FTP account of your COPY Site. I will check to see the reasons of the error to get the issue sorted.

Tuan

More
10 years 4 months ago #39215 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Links to all my PDF documents still work in a COPY
Maybe the reason is because the two sites are on the same server and the documents path config option in EDocman still pointed to old folder.

Tuan

• Marc DECHEVRE
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 4 months ago #39240 by Marc DECHEVRE
Replied by Marc DECHEVRE on topic Re: Links to all my PDF documents still work in a COPY
Txs for your last suggestion, but as I was saying : the COPY is hosted with another hosting Company, so they are not on the same server...

I have just submitted a ticket to give you the credential...

Txs !

Moderators: Mr. Dam