All questions about EDocman extension

Highlighting words and linking using plugin.

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #39145 by rowby
Hi

Using Joomla 3.1.5 and Edocman 1.5.5 and EDocman Document Link 1.7.0

I'm having two issues.

1) When I highlight some text in an article and then use the Edocman button to insert the document, the button deletes the highlighted text and replaces it with the name of the document. The text I have in the article I have, for example, is "Please click here for document". I highlight "click here", as I would do with any link.

What I want to see is:
Please click here for document. Instead I am getting Please apples.pdf for document.

I can go into the source code and fix it, but of course that is a lot of work when I have lots of documents. I looked at the plugin options to see if there was a way to fix it, but could not find any settings to do that.

2) When I go to the front end and click on the link doesn't go to the document. Here's what I did to try to get it to work (without success):

I found the sh40f4sef plugin in the edocman package and uploaded it to the appropriate SH404sef folder.

Now when I click on the link in the document I go to this url: (even though the plugin is set to "Add link to download document")

domainname.edu/index.php?option=com_edocman&Itemid=0

It takes me to a page titled CATEGORIES with Start Prev 1 2 End Next buttons. (No file download listing.)

Any suggestions for my two problems:

1) Easier linking to highlighted words via the Edocman article plugin.

2) And going to a "Categories" page (with no listings of documents) instead of going to the document itself for downloading.

Thanks!

Rowby
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by rowby.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 4 months ago #39164 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Highlighting words and linking using plugin.
Hi Rowby

1=> Unfortunately, due to the limitation of Joomla core (you can try to insert an article link using the article button) and it happens the same, we could not fix it. So in this case, you will need to correct it manually. Really sorry for that. I will try to spend more time to find a solution to see whether it is possible or not to solve it.

2=> For sh404, it only needed before EDocman 1.5.5. Since you are using EDocman 1.5.5, please delete the file and let Joomla core handle SEF router (EDocman 1.5.5 has it own SEF router for Joomla core already,no need for using sh404).

Regards,

Tuan

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #39190 by rowby
Hi Tuan,

Thanks for the quick response.

If it is helpful, here's how the old (no longer supported) rok download handled linked documents. Not sure if it is possible with today's Joomla, etc.

[rokdownload menuitem="240" downloaditem="77" direct_download="false"]linked text[/rokdownload]

Here's a short screen capture of the old Rockdownload linking system. Link to screencast

Thanks,

Rowby
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by rowby.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 4 months ago #39213 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Highlighting words and linking using plugin.
Thanks Rowby.

I think it is possible to go with this approach but it will requires some modification to the plugin. I will think more about it and get back to you !

Tuan

More
10 years 4 months ago #39218 by rowby
Good. No hurry. I can work with what I have for now.

And hopefully the next upgrade for the plugin can feature it. And make your component even better :)

Rowby

Moderators: Mr. Dam