All questions about EDocman extension

Want to use title as link to download document

• carlyweb
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #38717 by carlyweb
Hi,

I have some documents on my client's site that are publicly available that I would like to have downloadable via the title link, so I have set Configuration - Themes - General - "Use Download Link to Document title" to Yes.

The document list in my modules still hyperlinks to the document detail page.

I'm not sure if this is related or not, but even when you get to the document detail page, only the PDFs show the View button, while all the other docs which are XLS, and ZIP, don't, which is understandable, but there's no Download button showing either, just a Back button.

Then if you do hit the View button, you get a permissions error, which is strange 'cause the "Free Documents" category and its documents within are all set to Access - Public.

The module settings for the "Free Documents" module is:

What other settings should I check?
Thanks for any advice.
Carly

ps. The Free Documents module is on the following page:
engicom-com-au.cloud.hosting-toolkit.net...rnment-organisations
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by carlyweb. Reason: added URL to preview front-end

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #38787 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Want to use title as link to download document
Hi Carly

Maybe something is not correct here. Could you please submit a support ticket sending us admin account of your site so that I can check to see what's wrong and get it corrected for you ?

Regards,

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Mr. Dam