All questions about EDocman extension

Upload permission issues on the front end

• CharlieMon
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago #32823 by CharlieMon
Upload permission issues on the front end was created by CharlieMon
Hi -

We're having some permission issues on the front end and have tried everything we can to resolve them, but now we need help. I have a client with a school site, and I set up categories with one category per classroom, and the idea is for the teachers to put documents into those categories, and these documents are not visible to public - only registered and above.

Additionally, there is a category just for teachers - no public and no registered users, only teachers have access to those documents.

Then, I have a user group called "teachers" in addition to the default "registered" users. I assigned permissions to the categories based on those groups.

However, if a teacher logs in and clicks on the "upload" link, we get this error:

Invalid Document or you are not allowed to view that document

I've tried everything I can think of to fix this. Can we please get some help? I can give you admin access if needed.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #32871 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Upload permission issues on the front end
Hi

I think there must be something wrong with your settings. Please submit a support ticket sending us administrator and FTP account of your site so that we can check and solve it for you.

Regards,

Tuan

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #38653 by Tonk
Same problem here!

However, if a someone logs in and clicks on the "upload" link, we get this error:
Invalid Document or you are not allowed to view that document

Please post the solution if available.
Thanx

Version edocman 1.1.0. Joomla! 2.5.16
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Tonk. Reason: added version numbers

More
10 years 5 months ago #38777 by Pinkeltje
Replied by Pinkeltje on topic Re: Upload permission issues on the front end
Same here! Please post solution!

More
10 years 5 months ago #38785 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Upload permission issues on the front end
Hi

If you are using version 1.1.0, could you please upgrade your site to latest version of EDocman (version 1.5.5) and then try again ? If you could not update because your subscription expired, please submit a support ticket sending us admin and FTP account of your site so that I can check and solve the issue for you.

Tuan

More
10 years 5 months ago #38788 by Pinkeltje
Subscription is still valid. I was using 1.5.2, updated now on localhost, but now having some strange issues that I will try to solve or tackle first by moving this testsite to a live server.

More
10 years 5 months ago #38796 by Pinkeltje
Solved problems (strange issues with menu-items but might be caused by earlier upgrade from 1.5. to 2.5). Able to make menu-item (upload item) linked to the specific category. In earlier versions I didn't need to make menu-item and items could be added from category view.
This is working, but not as expected. Because I have to assign the category to the menu-item, I have to make second menu-item to allow super user to upload in all categories from frontend.

More
10 years 5 months ago #38805 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

So you want to have an upload link next to the title of each category so that users can click on that link to upload documents to that category ? Is that correct ?

If so, I think I will add support for that feature !

Please let us know.

Regards,

Tuan

More
10 years 5 months ago #38815 by Pinkeltje
On version 1.5.2 I had upload permissions for all registered user and there was a link next to the title of the category when you opened the category. Then I made a new usergroup, withdraw permissions for registered users and assigned that usergroup to a specific category and discovered my earlier mentionned problem with error messages that group was not allowed to upload. But upload option was stil next to category title.

Or you want might to have a look at behaviour of menu-item type upload. I am happy to work with a menu item, but just one menu item that shows allowed categories dependant on user rights. Because now, when I link menu-item type upload to EDOCMAN_SELECT_CATEGORY my special group is denied access as well.
The same setting is working for menu-item type Categories list.

Happy to give you access to testing environment if needed.

More
10 years 5 months ago #39038 by Pinkeltje
Hi Tuan,
Did you oversee my reply or are you just busy? For the time being I can manage with two different menu-items, but I still don't think this is the way it should be handled.

Moderators: Mr. Dam