All questions about EDocman extension

the field to know which user upload a document

• sauvage
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 weeks ago #29160 by sauvage
I just buy this component, i think better than DOCMAN, but one thing is missing, the capability to know who has uploaded the documents via the frontend. With the "table layout" or "detail" i have the possibility to see the title, File Size, creation date, size, etc but no field to know which user had uploaded the document.
Perhaps i miss something but how it is possible to have this information in frontend?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #29245 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: the field to know which user upload a document
Hi

This feature is not available in the extension yet. However, I think it is nice and we should add support for it in the extension. Need sometime to implement it.

One thing here is that what will we display ? The name of the uploader or the username ? Please let me know and I will be happy to implement it into the system

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: sauvage

• sauvage
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 1 week ago #29523 by sauvage
The username will be perfect. :)

• sauvage
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 1 week ago #29524 by sauvage
I just finish all the tests with your component, great and will be work with as soon as the version give us the possibility to know who upload the document. ( We use RSS and Jcomment on each documents)

More
11 years 1 week ago #29549 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: the field to know which user upload a document
Good news ! I have just completed the feature. You can login to your account, access to My Downloads menu item, download latest version of the extension, upgrade to your site. After that, go to EDocman->Configuration, find the config option "Show uploader name in documents management", set it to Yes.

After that, the username of the uploader will be displayed in Documents page from backend of EDocman.

Regards,

Tuan

• sauvage
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 11 months ago #30454 by sauvage
Hi, after do some new tests the name of who upload the document don't appear on the frontend. I join some screen shoot of what i need.
Please say me if it is possible.
Thank you
Attachments:

More
10 years 11 months ago #30512 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

At the moment, the extension will only display uploader name from back-end of your site (in EDocman->Documents page). It is not displayed in the front-end yet.

I can help you to edit code to make the information available in the page you mentioned. However, in table layout, I don't think we will have enough space to display the description of the document.

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. Dam