All questions about EDocman extension

Creation Date

More
11 years 4 weeks ago #28740 by Mike
Creation Date was created by Mike
Thanks for a great component. Easy installation and the indexer plugin works well. Now here's my question.

I have a large number of PDF documents in Docman on a Joomla 1.5 site and I want to import them into eDocman on a Joomla 2.5 site. I then want to display them in Table View in descending order of Creation Date, i.e. newest first.

Does your migration component preserve the original Docman Creation Date?

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #28776 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Creation Date
Hi Mike

Yes. I believe so. However, when you do the migration, the document won't be indexed automatically. Basically, at the moment, the document will only be indexed if you upload the file for that document manually.

Tuan

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #29161 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Re: Creation Date
Hi Tuan

I tried the Docman migration component and it doesn't preserve the creation date, so I uploaded them manually and edited the field. It was hard work, but worth it because I'm very pleased with the finished result.

Now there's one improvement that many people would like to see - documents indexed when uploaded via the front end. Is this possible please?

Mike

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #29244 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Creation Date

Now there's one improvement that many people would like to see - documents indexed when uploaded via the front end. Is this possible please?

Mike

=> It is possible for sure. Just need some more time to implement this . Give us one week from today and you should have it in the extension

(Normally, I can implement it within few hours, but these days I am busy finding a house for my family and don't have much time left for working. Everything will be normal from next week :) )

Regards,

Tuan

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #29266 by Mike

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote:

=> It is possible for sure. Just need some more time to implement this . Give us one week from today and you should have it in the extension

(Normally, I can implement it within few hours, but these days I am busy finding a house for my family and don't have much time left for working. Everything will be normal from next week :) )

Hi Tuan

I understand, the family must come first :) :) . Good luck with the move.

Please let us know when you have implemented it.

Mike

More
10 years 11 months ago #30089 by Mike
Hi Tuan

Were you able to implement indexing of front end uploads?

Mike

Moderators: Mr. Dam