All questions about EDocman extension

Cannot View PDFs

• Timothy Rowland
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #25558 by Timothy Rowland
Cannot View PDFs was created by Timothy Rowland
Even though I have set "view documents" to "yes" and included pdf in the viewable doc types, I cannot get the view document feature to actually work. When I click on the view button, it comes up blank with this as the URL: about:blank

You can see what's happening here:

www.americanfan.com/manuals.html

I am using Edocman version 1.0.5 in Joomla 2.5.9

I had this turned off for the longest time since it has never worked, but now I really need it.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Timothy Rowland. Reason: this is in the wrong category but cannot figure out how to change it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #25581 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Cannot View PDFs
I just checked and the document can be viewed properly. Please note that in order to view PDF document online, you will need to have adobe plugin installed on your web browser. Maybe you don't have it ?

Here is what I see while viewing the documentation at the page www.americanfan.com/manuals.html?task=document.viewdoc&id=9
Attachments:

More
11 years 2 months ago #25725 by cirab63
Replied by cirab63 on topic Re: Cannot View PDFs
I am also having the same issue with my pdf file. I believe there is an issue between Joomla 2.5.9 and Edocman 1.5.0 each time i tried to view a pdf file i fot an error message saying "the file is either not supported or maybe it is damaged" I include a pdf as among files to allowed in the configuration. Please investigate.

More
11 years 2 months ago #25803 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Cannot View PDFs
Hi cirab63

Could you please submit a support ticket sending me administrator and FTP account of your site so that I can help you to check it? Maybe it is just something wrong with your setting or your file is broken ?

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. Dam