All questions about EDocman extension

view / edit of documents

• Henk Jelt Hoving
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #19743 by Henk Jelt Hoving
view / edit of documents was created by Henk Jelt Hoving
Hi

I have just installed EDocman and uploaded a few files (docx)
Acc to the description on the site I expect to be able to view the document and edit it:

"
It give you a very powerful, flexible permission system which you can use to control who can view, download, manage (edit, delete, publish, unpublish) your documents from both front-end and back-end of your site.
"
However if I select the file in my browser I see a few buttons amongst which an edit button and a download button (Knipsel1.jpg)/
If I click on the download button I get a 404 error (attc Knipsel3.jpg).

If I click on the edit button I get an edit screen which lets me edit the meta data of the file.

Although I have selected to show the view button, it is not visible.

What is happening?

KR

Henk Jelt

[Edited]
I looked in the backend and discovered that the preselected list of filetypes contains spaces.
After removing the spaces the 404 error disappeared, and the view button appeared.
Also the filename must not contain a space.
If I now click the view button, the file wants to be downloaded and does not open.

If I look at my site via an iPad only the details button is available.
Why is the rest not available?

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by Henk Jelt Hoving.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #19760 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: view / edit of documents
Hi Henk

Regarding the issue with view button, what is the file type of the document ? Please note that not all file type are viewable, only some special file type like text files, images, pdf files are viewable. Other file types are not viewable . So maybe you are trying to view a file which are not viewable and it causes the issue ?

For the issue with IPad, I don't have an IPad so, so I could not test it. Maybe it is something related to css. Could you send me the link to the page so that I can ask my friend to check it ?

Tuan

• Henk Jelt Hoving
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 6 months ago #19765 by Henk Jelt Hoving
Replied by Henk Jelt Hoving on topic Re: view / edit of documents
foHi Tuan

That is disappointing.
My target is to have at least microsoft office viewable and editable both via the website and the iPad.
I spent a lot of time searching for components and expected this one to be able to do this.

If the majority of files cannot be viewed you should mention this in the desciption,
At this moment it is suggested that all files van be viewed and edited.

If EDocman cannot do this can you please retribute the costs of the component?
It is of no use to me.

KR

Henk Jelt Hoving

More
11 years 6 months ago #19766 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: view / edit of documents
Hi Kenk

People usually use the view feature to view PDF file only. At the moment, as far as I can see, none of available allows viewing Microsoft office documents.

I simply don't know that people need this feature (this is the first time a customer asks for viewing Microsoft office document), so in the future, you should ask any pre-sales questions if there are anything you un-sure. I will try to do some research to see whether it is possible to view Microsoft Office document online via PHP. If I won't be able to implement this feature, I will refund the money of your purchase (although we don't usually do that).

I will give you the answer on Monday morning .

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. Dam