• Richard
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 7 months ago #19643 by Richard
Menu link issues was created by Richard
Hi
I'm having a few issues with the menu linkage to edocman categories,
When creating a menu link via joomla menu manager to selected edocman categories:
1. the page goes back to the index page......it has worked previously.... but now! has problems.
2. I have one previously created menu system linking to categories it works fine , but shows that they are not published, yet are fully functionall and can plainly be seen, this also was the case to the problem one, I saw that that menu items were not published and this led to the problem
in question. ( I have created a work arround, by linking them via the external url link function (component/edocman/?view=category&id=20&Itemid=511)
no problems... all works , but is a bit of a pain....
3. Also before the above issue developed I had no probles linking but .....when trying to upload it would tell the user they donot have access to this document........ again I created a work arround by linking menu items to external urls.... which fix the issue...

4. if a thumbnail is uploaded for a category.....when rediting that category and saving it seems to remove the thumbnail and replaces it with
category text ....this means that I then have 2 category headings 1 with paragraph text , one with header text.

there is something weird going on here!
Could someone please shed some light...please.

although I have a few issues.....the component worked great..... I'm sure there is some sort of conflict.... or id issue here!
Cheers,
Rich

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #19645 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Menu link issues
Dear Rich

First of all, I am sorry for the issues you are having. Maybe there are just something wrong with the settings.... or even it was a bug of the router plugin which I just added to the extension yesterday. I will check and fix it for you .

Could you please let me know when did you download and install the extension ?

Tuan

More
11 years 7 months ago #19646 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Maybe you can submit a support ticket sending me administrator account of your site so that I can check it for you !

Tuan

• Richard
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 7 months ago #19647 by Richard
Replied by Richard on topic Re: Menu link issues
Thanks for the quick reply....
I thought maybe someone has had this problem or a similar one and it might of been an easy fix....
as for now the prototype site is full fuctioning with the work around in place ....At the movement the site is currently in review..
by the client/clients...... all is good.... I do have to start with a clean slate once signed of as I believe as mentioned something is not right.....
It could be the template I'm using..... and the future rebuild will be from scratch......

cheers,
Rich

More
11 years 7 months ago #19648 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK. Whenever you want me to check the issues directly on your site, feel free to submit a support tickets !

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard

Moderators: Mr. Dam