All questions about EDocman extension

Invalid Document or you are not allowed to view...

• glamlafp
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 7 months ago #19482 by glamlafp
I configured eveything about permissions and access in my edocman categories and files but when i try to upload something in frontend appears me this information:

"Invalid Document or you are not allowed to view that document"

How can i fix this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #19494 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Invalid Document or you are not allowed to view...
Hi glamlafp

I believe it is something wrong with your settings. Could you please submit a support ticket sending me administrator and FTP account of your site so that I can check and fix it ?

Tuan

• glamlafp
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #19509 by glamlafp
Is there another way to explain instead support tickets i'm working to a company and eveything i do is private and also because of security terms; so i'm not allowed to give access to anyone.
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by glamlafp.

More
11 years 3 months ago #23958 by Daniel
Hi guys,

I am having the same problem. As a matter of test I just created a menu item pointing to a edocman document. When I click on it I see the error "Invalid Document or you are not allowed to view...".

I have made sure that the document itself and the category at which it belongs to have all the possible action set to allowed for Public and Guests. The only thing left here is the component permissions as you guys have pointed on your documentation: component permissions --> category... --> document permissions.

I don't know what else to do. Could you please provide any hint. Unfortunately I can't provide ftp access and understand that is difficult to diagnose but any hint would be pretty much appreciated.

Thanks,
Daniel

More
11 years 3 months ago #23974 by Daniel
I have doubled check the component permissions and set them to "Allowed" for components, categories and documents. Yet no results. Is there overall joomla settings that I should be aware of and that could cause any problem with edocman? As components I have just installed easyblog, JCE editor and adminexile. Joomla! is 3.0.

Cheers,
Daniel.

More
11 years 3 months ago #24046 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Invalid Document or you are not allowed to view...
Hi Daniel

When you create a menu item to link to the document, did you choose the document you want to link to in the menu parameter ? It seems you forgot to choose it ?

Tuan

More
11 years 3 months ago #24120 by Daniel
Hi Tuan,

Thanks for answering. Well yes of course, I have chosen a edocman document that I created for testing purposes. Please find screenshots that probe it
Attachments:

More
11 years 3 months ago #24195 by Daniel
Any feedback please? D.

More
11 years 3 months ago #24202 by cirab63
I had the same problem but, I had to change my layout to Category Layout in the menu to resolve this issue. Try it

More
11 years 3 months ago #24223 by Tuan Pham Ngoc

Daniel wrote: Any feedback please? D.

Could you please submit a support ticket sending me administrator account of your site so that I can check the settings directly on your site for you ?

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. Dam