All questions about EDocman extension

Document restriction for multiple users

• coziosco
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 7 months ago #19261 by coziosco
Document restriction for multiple users was created by coziosco
Hi

I'm having a bit of a head scrath trying to get this to work....

I have 6 documents all in the same top level category (I don't want to split into sub categories) Lets call them 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

A user placed in group A can download 1, 2, 3, 4
A user placed in group B can download 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
A user placed in group C can download 2, 4
A user placed in group D can download 2, 4, 5
A user placed in group E can download 2, 6
A user placed in group F can download all files.

I have this set up and working using user groups, however I'd like to prevent users from being able to view any files they can't download, simply using user groups also displays the files that group can't download. I've tried using access levels but just can't get this multiple system working correctly so the correct files are hidden in each user group... It's making my head spin :blink:

I had thought it might be easier to hack the component a little to simply not display any files that can't be downloaded.

Any ideas?

Cheers for any help

C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #19278 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Document restriction for multiple users
Hi

I think you don't need to hack. Simply use access level and setup it as instructed below (basically, for each document, you will need to create an access level for it :

- Access Level 1: Contain Group A, Group B and Group F. Assign document 1 to this access level.

- Acess Level 2 : Contain Group A, Group B, Group C, Group D and Group F. Assign document 2 to this access level.

- Access Level 3: Contains Group A, Group B and Group F. Assign document 3 to this access level.

- Access Level 4: Contains Group A, Group B, Group C, Group D and Group F. Assign document 4 to this access level.

And so on... Basically, each document will have an access level and this access level will contains all the groups which can download that document.

Is it clear to you ?

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: coziosco

• coziosco
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 7 months ago #19284 by coziosco
Replied by coziosco on topic Re: Document restriction for multiple users
Great, spot on.

Now you've highlighted the correct way to do this it's working correctly :-)

Thanks for the help, much appreciated!

Cheers

C

More
11 years 7 months ago #19285 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Document restriction for multiple users
Hehe. If you have few minutes, please help me by giving EDocman a 5 stars rating and a nice review at extensions.joomla.org/extensions/directo...tion/downloads/18008 to support my development. More features are coming, so please keep an eye on my site :) !

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. Dam