All questions about EDocman extension

Upload not working.....

• samallen2008
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 6 months ago #18631 by samallen2008
Upload not working..... was created by samallen2008
When i try to upload a document on the front-end of the joomla site using edocman, the upload either goes to a document to view it or to some other category to upload and grays out the category list so i cannot choose a new one.

I really need to fix this issue and i have no idea what the problem is.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #18656 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Upload not working.....
Hi

EDocman uses Joomla 2.5 core ACL feature, so it works different than normal upload extension. Basically, you will need to access to a category, next to category title, you will see an upload link . Click on this upload link will allow you to upload document for THAT CATEGORY, you cannot change the selected Category from Category dropdown.

If you change your mind and what to upload documents for a different category, you will need to access to the new category and press upload link (next to that new category title) .

Hope my explanation is clear to you. Please let me know if you need a more detailed explanation .

Regards,

Tuan

• samallen2008
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 6 months ago #18669 by samallen2008
Replied by samallen2008 on topic Re: Upload not working.....
Hi,

I get that is what it is suppose to do, but lets say im in an Engineering part of the intranet site and i push that upload link it takes me to the accounting category instead of the engineering. Sometimes it does not even take me to the upload form, there are times it takes me to a random item on the site to view it.

More
11 years 6 months ago #18713 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Upload not working.....
@samallen2008: That's strange. Could you please submit a support ticket send me administrator and FTP account of your site so that I can check the issue directly on your site?

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. Dam