All questions about EDocman extension

EDocman document title links

• Amanda LeeVan
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 8 months ago #18151 by Amanda LeeVan
EDocman document title links was created by Amanda LeeVan
We are running EDocman on Joomla v1.7.0. Everything works well until you click the title of the document (which is a hyperlink). Where is this hyperlink set? Can it be set to open and vie the document or download the document? Currently when clicking the hyperlinked title in the subcategory it goes to the details page. This is good. But then when clicking the hyperlinked title of the document within the detail page for the document, it goes to random pages within the website when different document hyperlinked titles . How or where do I set the hyperlink location for the title on the document details page?

I found topic #12542 had same problem but did not find a reply. Can you help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #18180 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: EDocman document title links
Hi

Could you send me the link to the page you are talking about so that I can have a quick look at it ?

Regards,

Tuan

• Amanda LeeVan
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 8 months ago #18225 by Amanda LeeVan
Replied by Amanda LeeVan on topic Re: EDocman document title links
training.cgmus.joomla/

login: registered
password: registered

1. Click any of the product tabs across the top menu ( training.cgmus.com/joomla/index.php/ao )

2. Then click any of the document tabs down the right menu (Learning Guides, CSA's, How-To's etc.)

3. This will list the names of documents. The name of the document is a hyperlink. Click the hyperlinked document name. ( training.cgmus.com/joomla/index.php/ao-csas )

4. This will take you to the document detail page for that document (This is Good :) ) ( training.cgmus.com/joomla/index.php/ao-c...view=document&id=763 )

5. The name of the document on the document detail page is also a hyperlink. This is the hyperlink that is the problem. Click on the name of the hyperlinked document and it takes you to a random page on the website. Each hyperlinked document name sends you to a different random page within the website

6. I would like the document to open in a popup window when the document is clicked

7. Just like when I click the view button ( training.cgmus.com/joomla/index.php/ao-c...ument.viewdoc&id=763 )

Where do I set the action of the hyperlinked document name on the document detail page?

Thank you

More
11 years 8 months ago #18238 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: EDocman document title links
Hi

First of all, version 1.0.7 is an old version of the extension. You should download version 1.1.0 and upgrade to your site. In version 1.1.0, the link was removed (the link was supposed to link to document detail page, however, it is not needed because we are on document detail page already, so no need to have the link anymore) .

I checked Orders History and found no order from your account. So maybe your client purchased the extension. In this case, please ask your client login to his account, access to My Downloads section, download latest version and upgrade to your site. After that, it will work as expected.

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. Dam