All questions about EDocman extension

Re: Help with permissions

• John Lerch
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 8 months ago #17807 by John Lerch
Help with permissions was created by John Lerch
I set the Access permissions on my documents in Edocman to "Registered", but registered users logged in get the error: "You are not allowed to perform this action" when trying to download the document. When I log in as a Super User the file downloads perfectly. Can anyone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!
John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• John Lerch
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 8 months ago #17808 by John Lerch
Replied by John Lerch on topic Re: Help with permissions
I see where I can change the download permission for each file. Where is that inherited from? I don't see "download" under Global Configuration-->Permissions

Thanks!
John

More
11 years 8 months ago #17836 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Help with permissions
Hi John

In EDocman, there are few levels of permissions setting :

1. Component Permission. Go to EDocman, Dashboard, click on Options button in the toolbar and you will be able to setup this permission.

2. Category level : This permission setting will be setup when you add/edit a category. If you leave the permission as Inherited, it will inherit the permission settin from component permission setting.

3. Sub-categories level : This is the same with Category level except that it is for sub-categories. When you leave permission as Inherited, this category will inherit permission from it directly parent category.

3. Document Level : This permission setting will be setup when you add/edit a document. If you leave it as Inherited, it will inherit permission from the category it is assigned to. In case you leave all permission levels as inherited, it will inherit permission from Component Permission setting.

Hope my explanation is clear to you .

Regards,

Tuan

More
4 years 2 months ago #132141 by Paula Madeira
Replied by Paula Madeira on topic Re: Help with permissions
Hi,

I do update "edocman_unzip_first_1.11.5" for "edocman_unzip_first_1.16.6", and now my clients don't get the Download docments in my website.
I need help to resolve this problem.
My permission configuration it´s ok, but I don´t understand why the error occurred:

"Message-warning: "Erro You are not allowed to perform this action"

Tkyou very much

Ideli Soares (by Paula Madeira)

More
4 years 2 months ago #132155 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Re: Help with permissions
Answered through Ticket system
Thanks
Dam

Moderators: Mr. Dam