All questions about EDocman extension

How to allow creating new documents in front-end?

More
11 years 11 months ago #15586 by zesu
Hi

My apology for this newbie question.

I just installed edocman, and setup the categories, users and access levels.

I have also created the menu items for showing the categories using table layout.

I logged into the front-end with the new user created, the user shows the document list, can view/edit the document.

It also has "CREATE" document setup in the category as well, but I do not see any way of the user uploading a new document.

I apologise if that is not the way that should work, but I really cannot see any other "menu options" that is available for users to upload documents from the front-end.

Please advise what I have done wrong.

Thanks
Jim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #15587 by zesu
Hi

I figured out the following:

1. "Upload" will NOT appear in table view.
2. "Upload" appears in column list view, but does NOT work.
3. "Upload" appears in "category layout" view, and DOES work.

I do NOT use any Component level permission, and NOT any document level permission.

I have only setup Category level permission to have full access to a registered level of user.

Please advise if I am doing something wrong.

Regards
Jim

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #15588 by zesu
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by zesu. Reason: duplicated entry

More
11 years 11 months ago #15604 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: How to allow creating new documents in front-end?
Hi Jim

Basically, if the current user has Upload permission, he will see upload link next to category title when he view a category (default or columns layout). The upload function doesn't available when you use Table layout (I will fix this issue in the next release, give me few more days) .

Regards,

Tuan

More
11 years 6 months ago #19673 by cboydave
Hey Tuan, did you ever add the upload capability to the table layout. That would be MOST helpful. I'm working on doing so manually now, but I don't know enough php for it to be an easy procedure. Thanks!

More
11 years 6 months ago #19757 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: How to allow creating new documents in front-end?
Hi

Please submit a support ticket sending me administrator and FTP account of your site so that I can add this feature to table layout for you. I will consider adding this feature to future releases of the extension (right now, I am busy make it compatible with Joomla 3.0).

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. Dam