All questions about EDocman extension

transfer edocman to new server

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #15313 by Arie
transfer edocman to new server was created by Arie
Hi,

I have an existing joomla setup with edocman. A change in business structure needs me to create 3 different websites,
but all of them need the contents of edocman. The 3 web sites are on one server. I created 3 new MSQL databases
I transfered the data from the "old" database to the 3 new databases, but I cannot get the structure and the documents
to show on the new web sites. There are more than a 1000 doc in there and will be not doable to manually add them one
by one to all thre websites. Is there an easy way to transfer the existing info (structure) to the new sites.

Please Help.

Thanks

vanVelzen
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by Arie. Reason: change importance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #15334 by Arie
Replied by Arie on topic Re: transfer edocman to new server
Is there nobody out there that can help me ?
I have moved the mysql database
I transfered the edoc doc's
how do I make them visible on my new web page??

Please is there anybody that have some tips

Thanks

vanVelzen

More
11 years 11 months ago #15338 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: transfer edocman to new server
Hi vanVelzen

EDocman use Joomla 2.5 core ACL feature, so beside transfering data from EDocman related database table ( tables with _edocman_ prefix), there will be data from _assets database table (a Joomla core table). The biggest problem here is transfering data from __assets table because data from this database table will be different for each website and we will only need to transfer only assets records related to EDocman .

You can contact me via Skype, YM, MSN or Gtalk so that we can discuss more detail about it . We even has to write a script to move these data. You can see my contact information at joomdonation.com/index.php?option=com_co...ntact&id=1&Itemid=18

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. Dam