All questions about EDocman extension

Help with Edocman - Document Titles

• CarlUttley
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #12554 by CarlUttley
Help with Edocman - Document Titles was created by CarlUttley
Hi,

I am using the Edocman module to manage various documents stored in categories. The structure of my documents is as follows:
Category>Sub-Category>Document.

I have noticed a problem when navigating through the document structure from Category to Document. Please see an example below:

Step 1 - A user clicks the Categeory name that they are interested and they are succesfully taken to the subcategories page.
Step 2 - The user then clicks a sub-category name and they are succesfully taken to the documents page within that sub category.
Step 3 - The user then clicks the title of the document that they are interested in viewing and they are successfully taken to a page that displays more information about the document and also allows them to download, edit or delete the document.

This is now where the problem starts......

Step 4 - If the user then clicks the title of the document, they are taken to a blank page as opposed to downloading the document.

For Example:
Step 4 takes the user to the following URL - www.pressuresplanning.stoke.nhs.uk/index...=view_document&id=16

I believe it should be taking them to: www.pressuresplanning.stoke.nhs.uk/index...ument.download&id=16

Please see image attachment for reference.

Attachment edocman_problem.png not found

Attachment edocman_problem-20111129.png not found

Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by CarlUttley. Reason: Typo's

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #12607 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Help with Edocman - Document Titles
Hi

I am sorry for lately response. Busy these days to prepare for my wedding.

Regarding the issue you reported, I tried to follow your instruction to see the error but when I tried to access to You are not authorised to view this resource, the system display the error below :

You are not authorised to view this resource

Can you please check your setting of submit a support ticket giving me information of your site so that I can login to check ?

Tuan

• CarlUttley
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 4 months ago #12612 by CarlUttley
Replied by CarlUttley on topic Re: Help with Edocman - Document Titles
Hi Tuan,

I've just created you an account on the site and emailed the details to contact@joomdonation.com

Many thanks.

More
12 years 2 months ago #13823 by gipester
Replied by gipester on topic Re: Help with Edocman - Document Titles
Was there a resolution to this? I'm having the same problem. The document is never downloaded, the title links just take me back to the menu item.

Moderators: Mr. Dam