Single category and docs front-end managment

• Shannon McColley
  • Topic Author
More
4 months 1 week ago #167331 by Shannon McColley
Single category and docs front-end managment was created by Shannon McColley
We run an academic conference every other year and Joomla 4 is sadly lacking in any paper management extensions.  We use Events Booking to manage the conference registrations and EDocman to manage the publications that go up online (and Membership Pro and EShop -- love the JoomDonation extensions!).  But now I really need to find a way to bring our abstract submission process in-house too.

I've been looking at the existing plugins and configuration settings for EDocman and nothing at the moment seems to be tweakable to do what I need (without a lot of overrides). 

I have a couple of requests that would take EDocman to the next level and help fill this doc management gap:
  • Customizable front-end submission page.  I need to be able to limit which fields are showing and possibly add some custom fields.  We need to get Author details, whether they're doing a poster or presentation, and have an uploaded doc restricted to Word format. Nothing more. In the current settings all I can do is assign a category to submissions and limit which file formats are accepted.
  • Customizable front-end manager for reviewing docs in a given category.  I need to be able to provide my team access to view the documents submitted under a specific category (ideally displaying everything all at once, subcategories too), and then be able to sort, preview, reassign to another category, and approve or reject each document.  Being able to add a field with notes would be an extra amazing bonus. The Tree List plugin is a good start towards this, but having to expand each category individually and no ability to change assigned variables on the fly isn't very user-friendly for managers.  We use multiple reviewers to assess the submitted abstracts and we need everyone to be able to tell which documents have been completed, need a second opinion, etc.
Thanks for the great developments so far!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 6 days ago #167354 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Single category and docs front-end managment
Hi Shannon,
I have read your idea, to be honest, i feel it's suitable with specific project requirement than applying for a Documents management like Edocman. Because almost customers won't need those complicate features. I will discuss deeply with my team about your ideas to see if we can do anything. And in case you need a customization project. Please contact with us through Ticket system
Thanks
Dam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Mr. Dam