Add Author Name and One More Request

• Sevi
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #163864 by Sevi
Let me first state that the software and support here are second-to-none. I've been a fan forever!

I do have some suggestions for EDocman changes.

The first is the meta data that we can control. Every Joomla article has the ability to add or hide the meta data, i.e. dates, categories, etc. both globally and individually per article. EDocman also provides this function with one notable exception - the name of the author (uploader). I can't imagine why this is the case but I'd ask the we would be able to hide or show the name of the author of the document both globally and locally. It is very inconvenient not to be able to.

The second suggestion is that when you click on the title of the upload you shouldn't get this odd screen (see screenshot) which shows information about the upload in a very awkward way. I have no clue what to make of this. Why would this information be displayed like this? Perhaps because in some cases there can be modifications done to the upload but in my case, I use this for my students to upload submissions of their work and once they upload they can't change anything. It would be a nightmare if they could since there is a deadline to upload the work.

Now, Dam helped me block editing of the submission for the students (thank you again) but it's still awkward and confusing when someone clicks on the title and they get that screen. Notice also, no author meta data.

The problem in further detail is that there is actually no EDIT button for a student (see screenshot). But when they click on the title, it looks like there is when that screen comes up. It's confusing and, as stated, awkward. I'd like to see a better way to display/edit this information. Something more logical.

I realize I'm using EDocman differently from the way it was perhaps envisioned but it is one of the ways to use it and I'm thrilled it does what it does - up to a point.

Thank you in advance,
Sevi

Last edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Sevi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Mr. Dam