Search Documents by tags

• Alletha Mentz
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #88503 by Alletha Mentz
Search Documents by tags was created by Alletha Mentz
Since the EDocuments tag system operates separately from the content tag system, it would be great if the EDocman search, could be set up to search by tags. This would allow customised searches. When you have over 4000 documents on a site, the ability to filter those documents is crucial. :dry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #89800 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Search Documents by tags
Hi Alletha,
In next Edocman version, we will add "Tags" into search fields of Edocman.
Thanks
Dam

More
7 years 5 months ago #89862 by RJ Bakema
Replied by RJ Bakema on topic Search Documents by tags
Hi there, I have not bought or installed Edocman, because it is not clear to me how the document tagging works, and I can't find it in the documentation either. My main interest is to be able to tag any document with keywords and to search on those keywords. Is that possible? And if yes, how many tags can I use, where do I define them and how do I use them for a search? Thank you for your help.

rabakema

More
7 years 5 days ago #97408 by Rob van Strien
Replied by Rob van Strien on topic Search Documents by tags
Hi,

When is this next version scheduled? I already bought Edocman, but I think 'tags' are not yet added into the search fields, at least I cannot find them B) . For me it is important to have tags for filtering the search.

Thanks,
Rob

Dang Thuc Dam wrote: Hi Alletha,
In next Edocman version, we will add "Tags" into search fields of Edocman.
Thanks
Dam

More
7 years 13 hours ago #97608 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Search Documents by tags
Hi Rob,
When you search documents through Edocman search module, and you can enter the keyword into Search inputbox, Edocman will search through all tags of documents to find corresponding data.
Thanks
Dam

More
7 years 13 hours ago #97610 by Rob van Strien
Hi Dam,

Thanks for your reply. It works (although Edocman search also displays documents in which the string of the tag is found in the text of the description without it being the actual tag of the document...).

Is it also possible to search in the result of the search output ( = using the tags as a filter)? For instance: I search for all documents with tag 'foo' and then want to know which of the documents with tag 'foo' are tagged with 'bar'.

Thanks in advance,
Rob

More
6 years 9 months ago #100340 by Rob van Strien
Hi Dam,

Is this feature (adding tags into search fields, like filtering the search) still scheduled for a next release? I am about to start a new project and really want to use Edocman, but with only full text search this is not possible.

thanks,
Rob

Moderators: Mr. Dam