Any questions about Documents Sellers, post it here .

How does the search plugin work?

• Paul Schmehl
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 7 months ago #153614 by Paul Schmehl
How does the search plugin work? was created by Paul Schmehl
It says it integrates with Joomla's smart search. I tried reindexing, but that didn't seem to do it. Is there something else I have to do to get the DMS Documents indexed and available to the search module? My test site is testvvfh.vvfh.org/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Schmehl
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 7 months ago #153615 by Paul Schmehl
Replied by Paul Schmehl on topic How does the search plugin work?
I created a search page to use the DMS search. It works fine, but I'd like to make one change. The search results page doesn't have a link to return to the search. What page would I need to edit to add that feature? Or, can I make that a feature request?

More
1 year 7 months ago #153623 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic How does the search plugin work?
Hello

Could you please send me link to the search page which you are using so that I can try and understand your request better? Look like there will be small code modification needed to add the link back to original search page

Tuan

• Paul Schmehl
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 7 months ago #153628 by Paul Schmehl
Replied by Paul Schmehl on topic How does the search plugin work?
This is the link to the search page that I created. testvvfh.vvfh.org/index.php/books/customer-orders

Once you have done a search, the results page doesn't offer a return to the search page so you can do a second search.,

It was my understanding, from the documentation, that the DMS search feature was fully integrated with the Joomla Smart Search.

dmsdoc.joomservices.com/plugins/search

"This plugin allows users to search for documents which you setup in Documents Seller via Joomla standard search.

To enable this feature, just go to Extensions -> Plugins, find and enable the plugin Search - Documents Seller"

I understood that to mean that once I had enabled the plugin, the Joomla Smart Search would index dms documents. Is that not the case?